All You Need Is Love

In the swimming pool

"So you decided to come swimming after all," said Mike letting Tre into his hotel room. Tre had a rolled up towel under his arm, the towel looked like the swimming towel that Tre had had for years.

"Frankito's towel?" asked Mike nodding at the towel.

"Of course," yawned Tre and scratching at his stomach.

Tre always took the towel with him on tour; it was a bright blue Disney towel with Aladdin on it sitting on a magic carpet. It made Mike smile each time he saw it as it was a little bit of Frankito that Tre took with him on tour. Tre was like that; he often brought little things out that belonged to his kids, but then he was the same. He always kept that small book of Estelle's tucked away in his travel bag. She had loved him reading from it when she was younger and now, years later if she was ever ill or sad about something and he was away she'd ask him to read it over the phone. It was a well-thumbed book and even had a few beer stains and the odd breadcrumb caught up in it here and there.

Tre look dishevelled as though he'd been asleep and his T-shirt was hanging out on the one side as usual.

"Yeah, I could do with a swim just to wake me up," said Tre yawning again. He lifted his tee shirt slightly and scratched at his stomach again.

Mike grabbed his swimming trunks, rolled his towel around them and slung it over his shoulder. Just as he was opening the door his phone rang so he went over to the bedside table, picked up his phone and checked the caller ID. Brittney. He slightly hesitated then thought that he'd better pick up as she was probably just making sure that he'd arrived safely, yeah he'd better take the call even if she had been a pain in the ass lately. "I'll meet you down there," he said to Tre.

Tre left the room and headed off down the corridor, rubbing away at his hair and fiddling around with his tee shirt as he sauntered off.

The pool leisure centre was quiet and empty apart from one person swimming up and down doing a few lengths. Tre went over to the jacuzzi, threw his towel on a nearby chair and climbed the steps into the jacuzzi; he stepped down and enveloped himself into a bubbling warm sensation. He sat on the jacuzzi seat facing the pool, stretched his arms out either side of him and lay his head back but he sat up straight immediately, concerned that the sensation would send him off to sleep. He decided to go have a proper swim to re-energise, so climbed back out of the jacuzzi and headed over to the pool. He dived in causing quite a splash and the other occupant in the pool glanced over.

When Tre surfaced he noticed a pair of eyes looking at him, emerald green eyes with dark lashes framing them. Gabrielle.

"Hi there," said Tre rubbing the water out from his tired eyes to take a better look.

"Good evening Mr. Cool," Gabrielle said treading water. Her auburn hair was wet and swept back off her face. He noticed a small scar above her perfectly plucked right eyebrow.

"Hey you can call me Tre you know," he said simply.

"I'm afraid I can't," she said a small smile forming. "It's against the rules here, we have to address our guests in the proper manner."

She noticed that his eyes shone brightly and the sparkle from the water reflected in them. She was aware that his eyes were a different blue to those of his friend Mikes.

"Couldn't you break the rules just for me?" said Tre. He glanced at her black bikini strap tied up around her neck.

Just one tug on that bikini string and I could have that off you

She still wore the locket around her neck. He was sure he'd noticed that earlier when she was standing outside Mike's door. Had it some sentimental value? Had her husband given it to her? Mother? Lover?

"Someone might hear me," she said.

"Well if anyone's around then you can call me Mr. Cool," he said glancing around him. "But it looks like you'll be calling me Tre for a while," he smiled.

"OK then." What was she saying? She knew she shouldn't be calling a guest by their first name and she shouldn't really be socialising with him.

"I'm just about to go into the Jacuzzi anyway," said Gabrielle; "I need to relax my muscles I've done almost fifty lengths," she said.

"I think I'd need a rest after that too," said Tre. "Maybe I'll join you shortly," he said unable to take his eyes from her.

"OK," she said simply and with that she ducked under the water and swam off.

Tre watched her swim over to the steps and climb out. She was small and curvy but toned. He didn't like his women to be too thin, he hated calorie counting women, there was nothing worse than taking a woman out for a good meal and they picked and prodded at a lettuce leaf then whined that they weren't eating carbs at the moment or couldn't possibly have a dessert. How can you not have desert? He liked a woman to enjoy her food like he did. As she stepped out of the pool Tre noticed she had a tattoo at the base of her back. There were a few words tattooed there in black ink but he couldn't read them, as he wasn't close enough to. Would he ever get to read those words? He doubted it.

She put her hands up then and ran her hands through her hair to remove some of the excess water. Tre watched this action and felt the old familiar stirring. He didn't really want to swim now, just wanted to join Gabrielle in the jacuzzi and talk some more to her but decided he had to swim for a while otherwise it would look too obvious. He decided he was going to behave himself. No antics. He'd give himself ten minutes to swim, and then he was definitely joining her.

Gabrielle watched the Tre guy walking towards the jacuzzi. She noticed how well toned he was, especially his upper body. His shoulders were broad and he had a sprinkling of water droplets across his shoulders and back. She glanced down at his belly button and saw a trail of damp hairs going from his belly button down towards his swimming shorts. She glanced away again. What had got into her lately? Was this normal? Not to her. Perhaps it was coming off of the medication that had done it. Perhaps it was the fact that they were rock stars and she was going to be just one of the many that probably felt the same way about them. She had to be careful here.

Tre got in and sat opposite her. He stretched his arms out wide and she caught a glimpse of his armpit hair clinging damply to his skin.

Tre knew that Gabrielle probably wouldn't start up the conversation and he was desperate to talk to her, he wanted to find out about her.

"Have you worked here long?" said Tre on his best behaviour.

"I've worked here since it opened about three years ago," said Gabrielle. "It was quite run down but its been decorated beautifully, there was a lot of money spent on the place" she said.

"It is gorgeous," said Tre. and so are you

"Have you visited Brighton before?" she asked. She couldn't be rude and ignore him she decided; anyway there was nobody around.

"We've played here a couple of times," said Tre glancing at a small scar on Gabrielle's neck. It was narrow, almost hairline, and it seemed like an old scar as it had faded but it was definitely there hidden under the damp tendrils of hair that clung to her neck. "But we always said we'd come back and visit properly," he said. "Billie has this thing about Brighton, ever since he saw that film Quadrophenia. He said he'd come and stay here one day. So here we are."

"You must go for a walk on our pebbly beach then and have some fish and chips while you're here," said Gabrielle smiling.

"I must," said Tre thinking that when she smiled her whole face changed. It suited her and she had dimples.

Gabrielle shivered then so slipped lower down in the water to cover her bare shoulders and warm up slightly. She put her head back into the water and Tre noticed her scars again. What were they about? They weren't ugly scars, just intriguing.

She sat up then and Tre couldn't help but cast a glance at her breasts as they bobbed up on the water. Creamy mounds, damp from the water, decorated with freckles...

"Do you sing?" said Gabrielle suddenly. "Are you the singer in your band?" she asked.

Tre laughed. "I sing... a little. Rarely. Some backing sometimes, Billie is our singer," he said. "Mike plays bass and I play the drums," he said.

"Oh right," said Gabrielle.

That explains your toned upper body and muscled arms then.

"So what kind of music do you play? I have to admit here I don't know your music at all," said Gabrielle.

"Punk rock," said Tre. He'd always found it quite refreshing to meet someone that hadn't heard of them.

"Oh.. like the Sex Pistols," she said laughing. "Do you wear tartan trousers with chains and a safety pins through your noses?" she smiled. Dimples again.

"No. That's seventies punk, we're different though the Sex Pistols rock and the Clash do too. We love all those English punk bands. Do you know their stuff?"

"No I only really listen to the Beatles," she said. "If I were to show you my iPod you'd probably laugh... everyone else does. It's the Beatles and just a few other rock ballads that I adore."

"The Beatles are cool," said Tre. "Which one was your favourite? If you were young back in the sixties, who would you like?" he said.

"My two favourites are Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney," said Gabrielle.

The bass player who sings and the drummer thinks Tre. How ironic.

"I really should be getting out soon, my fingers are crinkling up," said Gabrielle checking out her hands and showing him. Tre checked her wedding ring finger. No ring.

Tre wanted to make one of his jackass remarks then but controlled it. He needed to behave in front of this girl. So he kept quiet.

"Hi," said a voice suddenly from nowhere, Mike. They hadn't noticed him approach.

Gabrielle knew then that she wouldn't be able to get out of the jacuzzi just yet. It would look too rude if she upped and left as soon as Mike had turned up. She glanced at Tre and she knew that he knew what she was thinking.

"Hi dude," said Tre moving slightly out of the way. As he moved round the jacuzzi his leg brushed against Gabrielle's and she had that jellybean type feeling going on again in the pit of her stomach as she could feel the hairs on his legs tickle against hers.

"Good evening Mr Pritchard," said Gabrielle.

"You were right," said Mike to Gabrielle settling himself into the jacuzzi. He stretched his arms out either side of him and she noticed his tattooed arms. Stars jumped out at her. She wanted to take a longer look but looked away, a flush rising in her face. "It's so peaceful here. I'm going to enjoy staying here this week, just chilling out and playing golf."

She looked at both of them. Four blue eyes looking at her, taking her in and Gabrielle wondered what the hell she was playing at. What was she doing sitting in a jacuzzi with these two guys? They were rock stars and they probably did this type of thing everywhere they went. She imagined them being like sailors with a girl in every port. Did they have a girl at every venue? More than likely. A girl to take advantage of but one that was probably more than willing to be taken advantage of. She expected they'd been round the world two or three times, they probably held sex orgies and took drugs, isn't that what rock stars did? They must have had loads of women between them, probably the playboy type, bleached blondes with stick bodies and false tits. What was she thinking getting in here with them? They were probably laughing at her right now and playing some sort of game with her.

"I have to go," said Gabrielle suddenly. "I really do hope you both enjoy your stay here," she said. She had to get out, she felt foolish. She had let her guard down slightly and she felt embarrassed as she stepped out of the jacuzzi, she just wanted to get away.

She grabbed her towel off the side and lying next to it was an Aladdin towel. She sucked her breath in and covered her hand over her mouth. It had taken her by surprise. On one corner of the Aladdin towel she noticed a tiny label, like the type of label that got sewn into school clothes. She read it, 'Frankito Wright' it said. She wrapped her own hotel towel about her and walked off to the changing rooms. Her heart was beating slightly fast, seeing the towel had slightly shocked her for it was the same towel as...

"I hope you behaved yourself Tre, you didn't scare her off did you? You didn't mention your one ball or anything?" said Mike.

"No. I was on my best behaviour," said Tre laying back into the water and closing his eyes. Freckles

"Tre you don't do best behaviour," said Mike. "Anyway, did you read it?" said Mike to Tre.

"Read what?" said Tre, his eyes still closed. Dimples.

"Her tattoo. Did you notice it when she got out?" said Mike.

"Yeah, I noticed it. Awesome," said Tre opening his eyes, the Freckles and Dimples thoughts gone for now.

--

Gabrielle opened the freezer door and pulled out the top drawer. She was searching for something to eat. She picked out a few boxes and read some of the labels, Canelloni meal for one, Lasagne meal for one, Spaghetti Bolognese meal for one, Shepherds Pie meal for one, what a decision?

She selected the Cannelloni, took it out of the freezer, closed the door and opened the packet. She stabbed the plastic covering with a fork two or three times then shoved it in the microwave and pressed start. She must start eating at the hotel she thought to herself. She was sick of these microwave meals but she couldn't be bothered to cook a proper meal for herself in the evenings, she used to love cooking for people but now, she really couldn't be bothered at all. Josef said he would plate herself up a good meal after she finished work; there were always leftovers he said. Yes, she will definitely start doing that. Tomorrow.

The microwave pinged and she took out the hot plate containing the cannelloni. She sat at the table quietly to herself and thought back to the jacuzzi incident and the two guys from that band. What was the name of the band again? She had forgotten already. She thought about the four blue eyes looking at her, all gorgeous eyes. She'd always had a thing for guys with blue eyes, yet all the guys she'd been out with and even.. she couldn't bear his name, the one she'd married.. 'Fuck Face'as Beth liked to call him; even he didn't have blue eyes. The guys she'd been with had either green or brown eyes.

After eating the cannelloni she washed the plate and opened the freezer once more and took out a tub of Ben and Jerry's Caramel Chew Chew ice cream. She popped open the lid and checked inside. Half left. She grabbed a spoon from the drawer and went and sat down on the sofa grabbing the remote and flicking on the TV. More soaps, more dramas, other people's lives. She sat there for an hour, finished off the ice cream and then decided to have a bath.

Gabrielle loved her bathroom; it was one of the reasons she had bought this flat, well that and the marvellous sea views. The bathroom was huge and had a huge corner bath, big enough for about three or four people, jacuzzi sized. Jacuzzi thoughts again. Not that there would ever be four people in her bath. She thought again about the blue-eyed guys and imagined them in a bath naked with women, Barbie doll types with their fake tans and fake teeth and fake boobs. They probably had baths like that all the time, sharing baths and sharing women and leading rock star kind of lives. Fake.

She filled her bath with her favourite bubble bath and turned on the taps and let the steaming water and coconut sent waft around the room. Then she lit her candles, her vanilla scented candles that she adored and that relaxed her.

Laying back in the bath she thought about the night out on Friday. She was looking forward to being with Beth but wasn't very keen that Stu, Beth's brother was coming with them. She new that Stu still had a thing for her and it made her slightly uncomfortable around him. They'd dated years ago; god how long ago was it now she thought to herself, it was 1988 so that must be... 17 years ago. She smiled to herself and thought about her hair.. She'd had big hair then but then so had everyone. Then she shuddered thinking about the night he'd taken her to that revolting bed and breakfast place for their first night of passion. It had been such a let down, the lady that owned it stank of cats and so did the bed. It had been horrific and Gabrielle wished that she hadn't gone there with him. They'd split up shortly after that as she couldn't bear him touching her, he'd done nothing for her, he was a selfish lover but then all the guys she'd been with were like that, especially.. Fuck Face

Her thoughts came back to the present. She yawned and got out of her bath and threw her bathrobe on and left the room.

Settling into bed something made her open her bedside drawer. Inside was a photograph frame laying face down. She turned it over and glanced at the face in the photograph. She felt ready to put this out again, she felt read to see his face though she'd never forgotten it, never would as it was etched so deeply in her mind. She touched the face gently and sat the photograph on the bedside table, switched off the lamp and lay back on the pillow drawing the quilt up over her.

That night Gabrielle dreamt of blue eyes, two pairs of blue eyes. One pair she was drawn to more than the other but strangely she couldn't put a face to the eyes that she was drawn to and by morning she had forgotten she'd even had a dream.