I Need To Erase the Scars

It always starts.

Most stories start out this way.

It was a dark and stormy night.

A girl, barely a teenager ran up the cobblestoned street whilst lightning flashed behind her small, thin silloette. Wrapped snugly in a black trench coat, she quickened her pace, in fear that that certain someone was behind her. Perhaps I'm just paranoid. she thought, as she glanced behind her.

The girl stubbed her toe and tripped on an extruding piece of pavement. She cursed and picked her soaked, nervous self off of the ground. She pulled out a piece of paper out of her inner jacket pocket.

"Let's see," She said to herself in a flawless british accent. "Just one more wretched block and I'll be there."

The child glanced around. Her pale features illuminated by the lightning. She obviously found what she was looking for and ran as fast as she could muster to an old brick house, with a tile roof, and seams of ivy climbing up it like little snakes. She knocked on the ancient wooden door and jolted her hand back in pain from the splinters it caught. Voices came from behind the door. It opened.

"How may I help you, love?" A man, in his late twenties with shockingly pale features, short cropped hair, an odd looking jacket, and eyes drenched with makeup, who talked with only the left side of his mouth said through the door.

"Yes, erm..." She replied. "Well, I was told to come here by someone very close to me, my father, and ask for someone named Gerard."

"This is he." The man now obviously called Gerard, said. "Who was your father?"

"My father instructed me to tell you that he was your cousin." She replied calmly.

"Ahh, I have many cousins and four of them have daughters, so what is your name?"

"My name is Musette Sonatina, or Muse for short. Well, erm, Sonatina is my middle name, not my last."

"Ah yes, young Muse. I knew I recognized something about you, I only saw you once as a baby. How is your brother?"

"Shhh!" Muse shushed, alarmingly. "Never mention Vladmir again! He might hear me!"

"What's so wrong with your brother?"

"He wants to kill everyone in the family."

"What?! He was never that way as a boy!"

"He killed my fucking father."

Gerard stared shocked at the girl named Muse. Then he spoke.

"Come inside dearie." He gestured. "Make yourself at home." The door opened all the way.

She entered.