Crash the Cemetery Gates

..In The Dress Your Husband Hates

“Where are you going?” my husband, Chris, asked.

“Just going to visit a friend,” I replied. Chris looked at the dress I was wearing.

“I hate that dress,” he finally said. I frowned.

“Well, I like it,” I said. There was nothing wrong with the dress. It was just a simple black dress. Nothing fancy. “I’ll be back soon.”

Chris just grunted and turned his attention back to the television and drinking some more of his beer. I went out the front door into the cool night air and got into my car. I started the car and went towards my destination. Tonight was important. I was meeting an old friend.

About 20 minutes later, I was there. It was a cemetery. Some might find it weird for two friends to meet here. But this place was special to us. I parked behind the only other car there and shut off my car. I quickly got out and walked into the cemtary, heading to the only mausoleum in the whole cemetery.

I smiled when I saw him. He had a beer in both his hands, one already open.

“Gee!” I cried, running to him. He set the beers down and opened his arms as I flew into them. I embraced my old friend, my old love.

“Holly,” he said into my hair. “It’s so good to see you.”

“It’s so good to see you too, Gee,” I replied. I could almost cry with happiness. We let go of each other and Gerard looked at me as I looked at him. He was still the same. Pale skin. Long, messy, black hair.

“You look absolutely gorgeous, Holly,” Gerard said, smiling. “That dress looks perfect on you.”

“Tell that to my husband,” I said.

“You’re still married to that idiot,” he said, frowning.

“Unfortunately,” I grumbled.

Gerard sat down, leaning against the mausoleum. I sat next to him and Gerard hand me my beer. I opened it and took a long drink.

“You should divorce him,” said Gerard, after a few minutes.

“I can’t,” I said.

“Why not?” asked Gerard.

“Well first off, he’d probably murder me if I asked for a divorce,” I said. “And secondly, where would I go?”

“You could live with me,” Gerard said.

“I can’t,” I said, frowning. Gerard frowned too.

“Does he still hit you?” he asked after a minute.

I looked down.

“Not as much,” I whispered.

“Goddammit,” said Gerard. “Holly, I’m not letting you go back home.”

“No,” I said. “I have to go back.”

“I’m not going to let you,” said Gerard. “If I have to knock you out and kidnap you just to keep you from going back to him, I’ll do it.”

“You’re so sweet Gerard,” I said, smiling. “But I just can’t leave Chris.”

“Yes you can,” he said.

“No,” I said. “And now you’ve made me mad, so I’m cutting our visit short and I’m leaving.”

I got up and started to walk away but was stopped when I felt Gerard grab my hand and pull me back. I turned around to yell at him, but instead our lips collided in a passionate, yet soft, kiss. Gerard pulled away first and looked into my eyes.

“I love you, Holly,” he said. “You don’t deserve someone like Chris.”

I rested my forehead on Gerard’s chest and started to cry. Gerard hugged me and rubbed my back.

“I love you too, Gee,” I finally said.

“Then come with me,” he said.

“Ok,” I said. I did this without thinking. But I knew it was the right decision. Leaving Chris, and being with the one I’ve always loved.

“Good,” said Gerard. “Now let’s go.”

And we did. I left Chris and everything behind. I knew I could now be happy with how my life had turned out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the ending. I hate it too :/
~Sally