Why So Serious?

Seven.

Someone knocked on Harley’s door. She put down the book she was reading and stood up, walking over to the door and opening it.

“Yes?” she asked the person who answered it; one of the Joker’s assistants.

“Joker’s been arrested,” he said.

“What?!” Harley yelled. The man started to say something, but Harley didn’t listen. Instead she walked over to her chair and picked up her coat.

“What are you doing?” asked the man.

“I’m going to get him,” she answered.

“He told us not to come get him. You better stay.”

Harley put down her coat and sighed. If that’s what the Joker said, she’s listen. He always knew what he was doing.

“Okay,” Harley said and nodded. The man shut her door and left.

Harley walked around the warehouse aimlessly for a few hours, then got tired of seeing the same people doing the same things. She went up to the roof and sat by the edge, staring at the skyline.

“Okay, Mr. Lau, please come with me,” said the Joker.

“No!” yelled the man.

The Joker stared at him. “So, let me get this straight.. You want to stay… here?” he said, holding out his arms and glimpsed around the room.

Mr. Lau frowned. “Already, I come with you.”

He got up and the pair walked out of the damaged building. Joker grabbed a set off keys off the floor before walking out. They went to the garage underneath the building and the Joker led Mr. Lau to one of the unit’s car. He opened the driver’s door for Lau.

“I drive?” Lau asked.

“Yes, you drive,” Joker said as he climbed into the back seat.

Lau got into the car and started the car. He rolled down Joker’s window upon being asked and drove to the warehouse, with help from Joker’s directions. The Joker got out of the car and showed Mr. Lau inside, making him stay with his assistants. Joker called over the assistant named Berg..

“Take this car to the outskirts of town and set it on fire, okay?”

“But, Sir, how do I get back?”

The Joker shrugged. “Walk.”

Berg walked off and the Joker made his way to Harley’s room. He opened the door and looked around, finding it empty. He clenched his fist and hunted threw the rest of the warehouse looking for Harley. He finally decided go to the room.

Harley heard the roof door creak open and turned around. Her eyes lit up as she jumped to her feet. She ran over to the Joker and wrapped her arms around his neck as she slammed into him so hard he almost fell backwards.

“You’re back,” she breathed.

The Joker stood the for a moment before loosely wrapping his arms around Harley’s waist.

“Yeah.”
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda short but i think it was pretty powerful. [:
comments/banners?
i love my readers, btw. thank you all for subscribing!

also, i checked, that is how you spelled mr. lau's name. xD