F.A.K.E.

01

Hello, I'm Birdie and I'm a fake. Everything about me is a fake. Ha, even my name. my actual name is Katharine.
All my life, which is only been 16 years so far, Ive been a nerd. The loser kid who sits alone at lunch. The kid that everyone thought it was okay to hate and pick on. I wasn't beautiful. I wasn't even average. Dull, lifeless brown hair, which I wore up most of the time. Glasses that looked terrible on me. Absolutely no makeup. Absolutely no friends. Absolutely no life.
Well, I did have one friend, Jane. But Jane hated her name more than school, her parents, and authority combined, so she goes by the name Wednesday. She's how I came to be known as Birdie. Since she hated my name almost as much as she hated her own.
Wednesday was my only friend in school. Everyone else thought I was a freak. And avoided me as much as possible. I remember my fourteenth birthday party, my mother wanted me to invite my millions of friends over for a super fun slumber party. And we'd stay up all night and eat junk food, and talk about cute boys, and practice kissing. Yeah. And then I would end world hunger. And there would be world peace. And no one would ever die.
So needless to say, the happy little sleep over never happened.
Wednesday came over and we had a mini sleep over, with less junk food. And no talking about boys. And no kissing.

The summer after my sophomore year, I was sitting in a coffee shop by myself waiting for my order to come, when my cell phone screeched loudly from my pocket.
"Hello?"
"Honey? This is mom where are you?"
"Waiting for coffee. why?"
"Could you come home right away please? It's important."
"Did someone die?"
"No, no, nothing like that. Just please, come home right away."
"Okay mom, Ill be there soon."
I closed my phone, looked to my left and saw a waitress with a plastic cup of steaming coffer in her hand. "To go?" she asked after hearing my phone conversation.

I busted through my front door with the remains of my coffee in the plastic cup and the other half spilled on my shirt. I didn't even have a chance to change before my mom forced me down on the living room couch.
"Guess what, babe?"
"Your letting my change my shirt before you preach? That would be great. The coffee was kind of hot and its sort of burning my stomach."
"Um... no. honey, your father got a huge promotion and were going to move this summer. Isn't that exciting? "
She was bouncing up and down like a child. Wow, I had no idea she hated California so much. I thought she always loved it here.
"Cool. Where to?"
"Iowa." *squeals* "Isn't it great?"
"Sure..."

So it was decided that we would be moving from Cali. Allll the was to Iowa.
We where given two weeks to pack, which was hard since id lived in that house my whole life. They're were memories every where. Some good and some terrible.
Wednesday was over almost every day. We spent as much time with each other as possible. I was going to miss her a lot. And I knew she was taking this hard. Starting junior year with out her was going to be tuff.
Wednesday went with us to the airport the day of our seven p.m. flight to Iowa. My mother and father had already boarded the plane. We stood there in silence for a while. She was crying and so was I.
"I'm gunna miss you, Birdie."
"I'll miss you too."
She hugged me, hard and tight, I heard her murmur "I love you" into my hair.
"I love you too." I whispered back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Forgive me...Ugghh... I wrote this so long ago its almost embarassing!
If you like more advanced writing, please direct yourself to my new story Forever and Never and most of my short stories. I wrote this when I was fifteen, so I aplogize that the writing is so low-grade.
Image credit: here.