F.A.K.E.

26

I sat on my suitcase in the driveway, waiting for the cab that was supposedly coming to take me to the air port. Stupid parents, they probably didn't even call a stupid cab. Stupid.
The sun was setting and the sky was a mix of pink and orange. It was pretty, but it really didn't fit the mood of my day. Give me a dark sky with big heavy clouds and pouring rain. That would fit better.
I looked up at the sky, suddenly wanting it to rain, but sighed when I saw that there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I bit my lower lip and looked back down at the houses across the street from mine. I wonder if anyone was watching me though their windows, wondering why I had my bags packed sitting outside. My family always put on fake act of happiness around others, I wonder what they'll say when they notice I'm not around anymore.
I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the time again. 8:12.
Really? Almost an hour?
I started thinking of how I'd got into this situation. It really hadn't been my fault. Somehow my mom leaked the big gay news and my father said he wouldn't have a 'gay in his house.' They were undecided on what they wanted to do with me, and they simply ignored me, or tried to anyways. Then my dad eventually decided to sent me to my aunt Susan's in Florida. Honestly, I never thought they'd actually do it —or my mom would be quiet about the decision— but, well, here I am.
"Fuck..." I whispered to myself.
If they'd ordered a damn cab, it would've been here a long time ago!
Mumbling insults under my breath I called the operator with my phone and was directed to a near by cab company, and told them my address. I sighed and hung up my phone, wondering when they were planning to cancel my cell phone plan. I was surprised they hadn't already, but I guess they were too busy handing me off to someone that would accept me for me.
I rubbed my arms, suddenly feeling cold. I was only wearing jeans, a pink low-cut shirt with a white undershirt and slip ons. My jacket was in my suitcase and I didn't feel like digging through my bag to find it. I sighed and decided to suck it up.
It wouldn't be cold in Florida.

I sighed, for what must've been the twentieth time. God, I'll bet my parents are looking through the window laughing at me right now. Yea, laugh it up. I'll get the last laugh in someday.
I saw blinding headlights appear at the end of the street, and I figured it was the cab. We didn't have much traffic down this street, considering it was buried deep in the suburbs. I sighed and looked back at the house for a final time. They said that I could come visit, but I knew they'd never keep their word. I knew that from the start, even when my mom said that it wasn't certain that I was even going.
I pulled out the plane ticket from my right jean pocket and looked at it. I really wanted to rip it up or 'accidentally' lose it so they would have to let me stay, but I knew they'd just buy me a new one as soon as possible. It was hopeless.
I heard a car pull up beside me, but I wasn't ready to look up yet. I hadn't made my peace with this place yet. There was still people I had to say goodbye to, like Adrian or Ryan, Caleb or Hannah. I still had to find Darius in a dark alley and kick his ass. And I still had to make my truths with Sarah and Megan and the rest of the school and settle the rumors, or at least try.
The taxi honked and I looked up, ready to scream at the driver to give me a minute. But instead of a taxi car, there was a black convertible idling in front if me.
"C'mon get in! Before your parents see!" Wednesday called from the drivers seat smiling big and looking at me though a pair of sunglasses.
I stared at her in shock till I finally asked, "Where did you get-"
"Early birthday present from my grandparents, now come on get in!"
I stood up from sitting on my suitcase and walked over to her. "I can't go with you Wednesday. I have to catch a flight to Florida in like twenty minutes." I shook my head and looked at her with a worried expression. We couldn't escape this one.
She looked at me with a semi-annoyed expression and said, "You don't really want to go to Florida, do you?"
"Well, no of course not but-"
"Then come on then! Let's go somewhere, let's get out of this place. I'm so sick of the people and the fakeness." She patted the passenger seat next to her and smiled.
"Wednesday. I have a plane ticket. And I have a taxi coming right now, and an Aunt thats going to be waiting for me. I can't just run off. I'll be in even more trouble." I looked at her with big eyes and her smiled died a little.
I turned to walk back over to my suitcase, but stopped when she said, "Why don't you just let me take care of that?"
I looked over my shoulder at her and said, "What?"
"Let me worry about all that. I'll take care of all that, just... please come with me. I can't let you go to the other side of the country... not without me." I turned around fully and looked at her, narrowing my eyes. "I love you Birdie, and I know what I'm doing. And you going to Florida is getting in the way, so I simply can't allow it."
"How do you know this is right?" I said calmly, biting my lip a little.
She smiled and said, "Let me worry about that."
I looked at her quietly for a long time and she looked back at me, her smile never dying. I stood there for a few minutes, until finally I opened the passenger side door and got inside.
She squealed loudly and I said, "you better have some damn alcohol in here."
"Oh, baby I love you," she said putting an arm around me and kissing me passionately. I smiled and kissed back, feeling all my fear and worry and anger melt away.
She pulled away and turned her attention to the steering wheel. "let's go!"
"Wait! what about my suitcase?" I said, looking back at it, still standing up right looking lonely without me.
"Aw forget it, we can always get more stuff," She replied and started driving again down the street. She smiled at me and leaned in to kiss me.
"Watch the road!" I screamed, as she swerved away from almost hitting a mailbox. She laughed and looked at me again, her eyes filled with love. I felt my heart skip a beat as I looked at her, and I could tell that this love was defiantly not fake.

"Let's go to Vegas!"
"NO!"
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END

::checks the check box that says "This story is completed".::
Thank you everyone for the support of this story! Thanks for all the comments and conversations. It really means a lot to me.

But this deed is done...
I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please check out my other story Forever and Never, and I'll see you guys around. <3