Once Upon A Time, Back In Highschool

ChapterTwelve

The weeks rolled on, like waves of time. I felt it was going all so fast. Mr. Way had been ill the week after we went to Six6Six and we both seemed to slip back into student teacher roll, only talking in class and occasionally we’d go to the house in the wood after school.

I was looking forward to this weekend though. There was a three day trip to New York the art department had planned, Mr. Way leading it. He would choose three students of his choice to take them on a work experience like weekend. He had chosen, me, Ricky and Joe, all four of us were going up on the tube and staying at The Windsor Hotel. Friday we were allowed to do whatever we pleased, go through New York as long as we were all ready in the morning at 10 am sharp. That’s where I was heading now, back to art with Ricky so we could have a ‘talk’ with Mr Way.

“Hey,” Mr. Way said, scooting round to edge of his desk, letting his legs dangle off the edge, “Right. Okay so… Friday you guys all know you can do whatever the fuck you want –within reason. The only things I’m banning is sex, clubs, alcohol and hookers. I will totally kick your ass if I here any of that kinda stuff had been going on, what else was I meant to tell you- oh yeah!” he jumped down off his desk and handed us letters, “It’s just a plan of where we’re going at what times and shit, the normal stuff. Uh Ricky and Joe you’re bunking together, Ren get’s her own room ‘cus she’s a girl and I get my own room because I’m God... okay? You guys can go, Ren stay here I need to sort out the money for you room,” he said, fumbling around on his desk.

I sat myself up on a table, gnawing on my nails and tapping my foot against the leg of the table.

“I haven’t spoken to you for ages Doll. We should go for coffee sometime,” he said, drawing out another two slips of paper, “Okay because you have a room on your own your mom and dad will have to pay another $50. And… that’s about it. I hope anyways,” he laughed, passing me the two slips of paper before leaning over, letting his lips touch my ear, “Bring your dress, I heard there’s a club called Orlando Sights.”

The week continued to roll and at first nerves were the main thing in my life. My nights were cursed with bad dreams and nervous nightmares of what could possibly happen but on the Thursday me and Gerard had snuck out of school to go to starbucks and he managed to coax me round and only leave excitement in it’s place.

“No, Six6Six was small. Orlando Sights is supposed to be incredible, drum and bass, techno, electric. You’ll know a lot of the songs. Seriously Ren, me and you we’ll have the best time ever, this time you don’t have to delve right into shots, you can enjoy yourself. We won’t know anyone either so theres no worries of teachers being there. I didn’t let anything happen to you before.”

It doesn’t sound like he said much but the way he said it just gives me shivers, like he managed to worm into my brain some how. I suppose the only thing I was nervous about was what had happened last time. I refuse to think about that now though –I don’t want my excitement demolished.

At first mum wasn’t going to let me go she said she didn’t want me going to New York with a bunch of males. Luckily dad intervened and told her that she was being stupid. Then they both spoke to Mr. Way about it and they said he seemed like a lovely man. And then I was allowed to go.

Simple as that. Whatever he had told them worked like a treat.

I lay back on my bed, contemplating whether or not I should pack more then one pair of jeans. I decided against it before ripping my black dress off it’s hanger, trailing my finger along the delicate coursing, if anyone else had picked this out for me I definitely wouldn’t have worn it. I folded it carefully, packing it right at the bottom in case mum found out it was there.

I guess I only wore it because he said it looked good on me, regardless of me feeling like complete prostitute in it.

I swallowed a few times, working the spit around my mouth before lying back down, yawning slowly and rolling into my pillow, snuffling the faint Gerard-y smell that my head board had absorbed. Sighing, I brought my arm up over my head, I didn’t know what the deal was with Mr. Way.

I found I was stupidly obsessed with him, like some eleven year old obsessing over the latest rockstar –only it was worse. I liked him so much I couldn’t understand it. I felt like stabbing myself for not kissing him all those weeks back, I loved thinking of where we’d be now if I had. I wanted to make a move, be bold and just do it. But I couldn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short -but not useless.
I'll be updating right after this, because I kinda bugged you guys outa chapter yesterday by accidently double chapter-ing.