The Smoking Gun

Chapter 04

I smiled as the memories of our first time flooded back and replayed in my mind as if they'd just happened yesterday. I walked around to the other side of the house and was greeted by Jeph and Branden, they both held a sniper rifle in their hands. I gave them a quaint nod and continued my journey around to the front of the house. When I got to the front of the house I took in a deep, shakey breath and counted to ten. Once I got to ten I promptly kicked the front door to the dumpy house down and crashed inside. I fell onto the white and black tiled floor of the main enterance but took no time in getting up. I began to dust my knees off but didn't have much time to do so as I saw three bulkier men appear in the doorway, each holding one hand gun. I smiled at their stupidity, these guys were nothing to me, I could take all three of them on single-handedly. The biggest man (who stood in the middle of the three) stepped forward, drawing his gun. I cocked and loaded my own gun and cautiously took a step forward, at the same time the stockier man approached me, gun held high.

"What seems to be the trouble, why are you breaking into the Boss' house?"

I smirked and let out a low chuckle, "do all of his sex slaves refer to him as 'Boss?' That's rather degrading don't you think?"

The man lunged forward, grasping for my neck but only coming up with a fistful of air. I jumped to the side and fired my gun, the bullet hit the man right in the middle of his forehead, killing him dead instantly. The other two men who had remained by the door the entire time looked at each other and then at me. They nodded simultaneously and both trudged toward me at the same time. I cocked my gun and spit on the floor. The men continued to draw closer, guns held out in front of them, cocked and aimed at my chest. The first man shot at me and I ducked, narrowly missing the bullet as it grazed passed my head and stuck into the wall. I spun my gun around my finger and pulled the trigger, my shot wasn't as uncoordinated and it hit the thug right in between the eyes, knocking him down to the ground instantly. I could see a flicker of sorrow in the second man's eyes before it deminished and was replaced with fear.

I glared the man in the eyes and clucked my tongue, "come get me honey, I'm all yours."

With that being said, the man dove at me, firing his gun in the process. The bullet flew into a nearby china cabinet, shattering the glass and teacups inside. I fell to the ground and rolled to the side. I hastily stood before the man, splayed out on the floor, a piece of shattered glass from the debris of the cabinet lodged into his throat.

"You should have just done the smart thing and ran, I wouldn't have bothered to kill you." I stomped the peice of glass even farther into his throat, and the man beneath me made a gurgling sound before his eyes shut and his breathing ceased.

"Fucking people, always gotta try to be tough." I shook my head in amusement and let out a small chuckle.

"Bert, get your sexy ass in here! Bring Jepha and Branden too, we've got a dirty motherfucker to find, he's hiding in here somewhere. I can feel it. Stupid bastard's hiding now that those bodyguard chumps have been dealt with!"

Bert came running into the room followed by Branden and then Jepha. "Now what?" Bert asked, panting slightly from the slight burst of physical activity.

"We go look for him. Bert you're with me, Branden go with Jepha and search the basement, we'll look upstairs." I instructed while pointing down then up with my gun.

We ascended the stairs two at a time, careful not to make too much noise. We didn't want to draw s lot of attention to ourselves so early on in the game. I continued down the hall, Bert following behind. I heard movement in the room to my left, I paused momentarily and cocked an eyebrow toward Bert. He nodded and kicked the door open. There sat Brandon Flowers, alone and huddled into a corner. There was a bag of spilt cocaine at his feet and his left eye wore a purple bruise.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here!" I sneered.

Brandon whimpered in response, I walked over to him and kicked him in the stomach.

"Not so big now that you're alone, are you Flowers?"

"P-please, I never did anything to you."

"But that's where you're terribly wrong, you did do something to me. You tried to take away the only thing that I'll ever love; and now you have to pay for your actions. All actions have consequences Flowers, you should've thought about that one. Money can't save you now."

I raised my gun into the air, pointing it at the man laying on the floor. I cocked it and placed my finger on the trigger. "Any last words?"

"No, don't I-"

Brandon's words were silenced as I pulled the trigger. The bullet loged itself into his brain, taking his life right away. I turned around and looked at Bert, a smile upon my face. I reached out and grabbed him by the arm, pulling him into my warm embrace. He smiled at me and placed a delicate kiss on my lips.

"I love you." I whispered into his ear.

"I love you too." He drawled.

Jepha and Branden came bounding into the room. Cheers and words of glee rang through the room when they saw that we'd got him. Jepha stood over Brandon's dead body and sighed, shaking his head at what had become of the man we once used to call 'friend'. He looked at Bert and I, then over to Branden. "What do you say we go celebrate?"

I looked at Bert and grinned. "Naw, we're good. We're going to go get some much needed sleep. I have a feeling that we won't be killing anyone for a very, very long time. In fact, I think that I feel a tour coming on. What do you guys think about that?"

"You mean you two want to reunite as a band?" Jepha questioned.

I nodded and Branden and Jepha high fived each other, "I believe I speak for both of us when I say I'm in."

"It's settled then, get ready world. The Used are coming back, and this time we won't be leaving!" Bert shouted.