It's Been a Lifetime We've Waited For

Three.

"So," Riley started as she and I lay on my bed the next morning. "You did have fun last night, right?"
I sighed. "Yeah, I mean, I guesso."
"Kyle is such a hottie now." Riley laughed. "Like, damn girl, why did you let him go?"
I got up from the bed, and walked over to my closet and started looking for my work clothes. "I don't feel like talking about it." I told her, annoyed.
"Are you mad at me?"
"No, Riley." I walked over to my dresser and turned on my hair straightner.
"I didn't mean it like that." Riley paused. "Wait--do you still have feelings for him?"
"Did you seriously just ask me that?" I stopped and looked at her.
She raised her eyebrows and nodded her head 'Yes.'
"Well, he was my first love, so what do you think?" I continued getting my things ready for work.
"I knew it!" Riley squealed.
I rolled my eyes, and sighed again.
"Why didn't you say anything?!"
"Well, because I thought you would kind of figure, how could I not still have feelings for him? He was my first love, I mean, he showed me how love felt." I said, and for some strange feeling I felt my eyes getting glossy as I started straightening my hair.
"I'm sorry." Riley said, in a kind of 'feeling sorry for me' voice.
"It's not your fault. It's mine. I thought I couldn't have a boyfriend just because he lives in Texas. After how much we loved eachother." I shook my head. "See, I told you I didn't want to talk about this. All it is doing is making me upset, Rile."

Riley got up from my bed, and put on her red converse.
"Are you leaving?" I turned around to look at her.
"Well, you have to work so I think so."
"Oh, well ,are you mad at me?"
Riley smiled. "No, why would I be?"
I shrugged my shoulders. "Just asking." and smiled.
Riley forced a small smile and grabbed her bag. "I'll try calling you later, Hayles. Bye."
I was confused. "Oh, okay." I said back, not knowing what had even just happened.

@@@@@@@@@

That day at work didn't go so good, I was in a bad mood half the time.
I mean, working at the Hot Topic in the mall wasn't so bad, but most of the people who came in there just annoyed me.

"HEY!" An annoying girl named Sara yelled my way, who aslo worked in Hot Topic.
I rolled my eyes, and put on a fake smile. "Hey."
I couldn't stand that girl. She was constantly trying to be like me. Seriously. She copied off my hair cut, my favorite band, my shoes, the way I wear my eyeliner, the list goes on. I mean, sure she's nice and everything. She just bugs the shit out of me.

"Whats up? Hows your day? Going goooooood?" She smiled widely, with her huge teeth.
"It's not so good, to tell you the truth." I looked back down as I folded band t-shirts and stacked them on the shelves.
"I'm sorry! Do you want to talk about it? I'm always up for a good 'Ol chat!" Sara laughed, which was followed by a snort.
I shook my head. "No, I really need to work, but thanks."
"Oh, well okay. Call my name if you want to, thats all ya have to do!"
"Uhm, okay, thanks."

I continued folding shirts as I heard a group of people come into the hot topic.
I looked up from folding, and seen Kyle.
'Why do I keep seeing him?!' I thought to myself.
"Shit." I whispered, and walked to the back of the counter.

I looked down at a piece of paper that was printed out, and started acting like I was reading it.
"Hayles!" I heard Kyles voice.
I looked up. "Hey!" I smiled, fakely.
"Wow, we keep running into eachother everywhere." he smiled.
I felt my heart drop. "Yeah, ironic."
He laughed. "So when do you want to go hang out? I mean, so we can catch up and things."
"Uhm, How about-" I was cut off my a long haired blond.
"Kyle!!!" She tugged on his arm. "Come on, baby. I thought we were going to look around! You promised to buy me at least one thing." She pouted.
Kyle looked at me, worried for some odd reason. "I'm sorry, Hayles. I'll call you." He got pulled away by the girl.

I walked away from the counter, and to the back of the store, into the storage closet, and felt like breaking down. I was still in love with Kyle. And it looked as if he was already taken, again. If anyone would only know what I would give, to have him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took me a while to write this, hahah.

comments would be nice.
please? (:
<3