Forbidden Fruit

Chapter 1

I sat in the large manor I called home. Just simply staring out the window into the gray painted sky. Today was an anniversary. But not one of love. Or celebration in that sort. But one of death. The only person who had ever loved me for who I was. A loner. An introvert. A vampire. I remember back when I was eight....when everything started changing. For better or worse. I still wasn't sure of.

*Flashback* (when she's eight)

I awoke to a searing pain all over my body. I screamed in agony. Hopes of my mother rushing to my aid. I soon felt her hand brushing over my face as she shushed me and asked me to tell her what hurt. "IT HURTS MOTHER! MAKE IT STOP PLEASE! MY SKIN IS BURNING!" I screamed. She tore back the sheets trying to find the source of my pain. She ran her hands over my body trying to sense something. She made her way around to my curtains and shut them tightly. My pain soothed and I relaxed. My mother looked at me confusingly before leaving my room. Probably to shut the blinds throughout the rest of the house.

After a few hours of sitting in my room. I sat up. Going to my dresser searching for something to wear. I looked into the vanity's mirror. Checking my reflection. Same straight black hair, parted in the middle just barely reaching the middle of my back. I couldn't help but be vain about my eyes. I loved them. They were so original. The rich, crystal blue. My mother told me that I had eyes so beautiful that a doll would be jealous. It seemed ridiculous but that's how it was. I finally pulled out a white polo shirt and my black and blue plaid skirt. I walked over to the kitchen table examining my plate. It was my favorite. Belgium waffles with black raspberry syrup and turkey bacon. I took a bite but immediately spit it out. "Is there something wrong with the food dear?" my mother asked. "Um...I don't know. I'm not hungry anyway." I replied. Something was wrong. I wasn't an average child. I knew that. I didn't go outside and play with dolls, or skip rope. I stayed inside, read books and practiced music. Nothing more.

A few hours passed and my mothers friend Leslie came along with her daughter Ruth. Ruth was the average child. She looked more like a doll. She had the blonde ringlets and always wore dresses. Today's was pink and white, little balls for sleeves with ruffles at the end. "I have a surprise for you Anna - Lee." Mrs. Leslie said to me as I turned around from the piano. I noticed the slight smear of bright red lipstick on her teeth. Why my mother associated with these people I'll never know. She pulled out a pure white bunny with pink eyes. When she handed me the animal it squirmed for freedom. I set it on the floor watching it cower and shake. Everyone just stared at me with surprise. I looked up at Mrs. Leslie. Tanked her politely and grabbed the rabbit, walking to my room.

I put the animal in a small cage with a few pieces of lettuce. I practiced the violin. My mother came in around 9pm. Telling me to go to sleep. I tried to...but I couldn't.

Soon weeks passed. I never ate. I sat in my room reading, in the dark. My mother treated me like a disease. Most of the women discussed how she neglected me. Ever since my father left. And how she was slowly going insane. It was about 12:30am. Suddenly I felt as if I weren't in control. I walked over to the rabbit's cage slowly pulling it out. I sniffed his neck as he squirmed in my hands. Then I ripped out his throat. Spitting it onto the wooden floor. A happily lapped up the blood that was now spilling around my hands and onto my white night gown. Regaining control over myself. I looked into the mirror and started crying seeing all of the blood and the bunny's body in my hands. I walked into other hallway in search of my mother. She was awake in her room reading. "Mom." I whispered through my tears. I began sobbing. My mother looked up at me with horror struck eyes. She pushed herself into the corner farthest from me. "WHAT DID YOU DO!?!?" She wailed. I took a step forward wanting her arms to comfort me. "GET AWAY! GET OUT! I KNEW IT! YOU'RE A MONSTER! GET AWAY!" she screamed. I dropped the rabbit's body as it made a loud thud I ran. I ran into the woods. Everything was passing so quickly. I finally fell to the forest floor and passed out.

I awoke to a white room. First thinking I was in a hospital. But then I realized there were no heart monitors. A man walked in with a warming smile. I would've been touched if I'd known this man. But I did not. I felt a breath escape me. It sounded as a gasp. "Don't be afraid child. I won't hurt you. I know what you are. And I am the same." He said soothingly. I unclenched the sheets of the bed. "What" I whispered. My voice cracking. "A vampire." He couldn't have said it more simply.

Years had passed. I was now fifteen. A young lady. Or my new friend and guardian. Leonardo, the vampire who had took me in said. He taught me everything. He acted like a father but I felt him as a friend. I felt so safe and open with him. We were alike. I sat up from the floor as I saw Leonardo walk in my room. "I need to go hunting tonight. I'll bring you back something." Leonardo said as he slipped into his jacket he had left in my room weeks before when I used t for my own hunting. "Can't I come?" I said, sadness toned in my words. He sighed and replied no. "Too many werewolves out tonight. They know vampires are in the area. I want to keep you safe." He kissed my forehead and left. I occupied myself by painting worthless pictures. One of my mother, another of Leonardo. "He's been out too long." I said to myself. I reached for my coat and started running around town. Looking for him. I slowed to a walk when I heard someone...or something. I rounded around to see what it was. I could smell vampire blood. I saw Leonardo's body his arm was ripped out about three feet from his body. Blood soaked his white button down shirt. I gagged slightly. But there were two people standing above him. An older werewolf. And a younger one. The younger one couldn't have been fifteen or sixteen. He had slight tears in his eyes. I stared at their werewolf form. The only thing that changed about them was they now had extended wolf like hands and feet, along with a set of teeth that could probably rip a steel pipe. The younger one looked up out into the woods. I saw beautiful hazel eyes. And for a moment I was mesmerized. But soon shaking my head. Realized that he was the one who has killed Leonardo. I would never forget them. And if I saw him ever again. I would kill him.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Tears sparkled at the brim of my eyes. I prepared myself for a full out sob but my phone rang. I steadied myself and walked to the phone. Finally picking it up on it's fourth ring. As I said hello I could hear yelling, gasping, and crashing. And I knew it was my boss Sara calling from the bar where I worked. The Shimmering Bat, is the name of the bar. "Annie? Oh thank god! Listen I know it's your night off. But could you please come in tonight?" She pleaded. Which is not something you usually get from Sara. "Sure." I replied hanging up knowing she had already chucked the phone as she heard me utter su.. I pulled on a Smashing Pumpkin's shirt on with some somewhat tight black pants, my studded belt and black and white Vans. I grabbed my keys and slid into my black Eclipse.
♠ ♠ ♠
I KNOW! COMPLETE AND UTTER FILLER! I AM SO SORRY! But I promise MCR gets in right of the bat in the next chapter so please keep reading!