December Every Day

Before Lunch

They found themselves back at the large doors of the dining area once more. This time, Mark paused to look at the doors. They were decorated with the same tree emblem as the benches had been, and so he figured that this was the crest of Decemberunderground or some similarly official image. David didn't notice, and was tugging at the door on the right, but he wasn't having much success. Mark tried his door, the left one, and it immediately opened. "Oh good. I hadn't remembered it being locked. And did you notice that the tree design on the door seems to be all around DU?"
David frowned reflectively. "No," he said eventually. "I'll look more when we leave."
"Okay," Mark said, and pushed him toward the front of the dining hall.

The dining hall itself was all white and slightly hard to look at, but at the same time it was strangely beautiful. Everything flowed together, and it all drew you in to the back, the place of real importance. This area wasn't nearly so organized. In fact, it was almost the exact opposite. Every inch seemed to be filled with a black clad human body, and everyone was pushing to try and get lunch first. Smith was standing on a table with a megaphone, trying to restore order, but nobody was listening. He eventually lowered his megaphone, and David was close enough to hear his soft mutter to himself. "We really need to change the lunch system. Fuck it, why was Davey allowed to organize anything?"

David laughed, but it made him realize something. None of the band had been seen around, as far as he knew. What was that about, wasn't this supposed to be a chance for the fans and the band to get to know each other better? He poked Mark.
"Hmm?" Mark looked a little annoyed.
"Have you seen any of the band around?"
"...No. That's odd."
David laughed at how Mark flicked his eyes back and forth while thinking. He had nice eyes, as opposed to David's boring brown ones. Mark was different. David had always wanted to be different somehow, but had never quite figured it out.
Mark finished thinking. "Yeah, I haven't seen any of them. David? Daaaaaaaaaaaaviiid. Hello?"
David jumped slightly, but it didn't have much effect since hands immediately appeared at his elbows, steadying him. He looked down, and the hands quickly removed themselves.
"You need to watch out. Jeez. You'll bring half of these people down with you, we're all so close together. Oh, and you might lose things. Like this." Mark leaned over slightly and then straightened, holding up David's iPod.
David snatched it back. "Hey! I don't appreciate random people sticking their hands in my pockets, thank you very much."
"Random people? Since when am I 'random people'? Oh, and you're fast. I'll have to try harder next time." Mark grinned.
"Since I've only known you for about a day, duhhh. Next time?" David tried to glare at Mark, but he didn't have enough room to turn completely around.
Mark smirked. "And David? Who are the people who you do appreciate sticking their hands in your pockets?"
"Fuck you."