December Every Day

New Meetings

Colin and David were bored. Very bored. Once again, Stella and Martin were only interested in each other, and the chick with the tickets had left ages ago. The tickets themselves had been a source of interest for a while, with their gold trim and white embossed trees, but that had only lasted so long before it too had become dull. There was some guy in front of them in line who seemed interesting, though, and eventually they decided just to go ahead and talk to him. Oh, and interesting meant something along the lines of a six foot tall guy with an extremely large flame red mohawk. Strangely enough, though, he didn't have a leather jacket or any of the other things like that that normally seemed to go with a mohawk. He looked somewhere around their age, like 18 or 19.
"Hey. How do you get your hair to stay like that?"
The guy turned and laughed slightly. "Hair gel. I know, you knew that already. But it won't really do you much use to know the brand name anymore, where we're going."
This did not please Colin. "If they don't let us get hair gel here... fuck."
David grinned. "Of course they will. I don't know how, but we'll get it somehow."
Colin snorted skeptically. "Whatever. I'm gonna go and see if there's anything like a bathroom around." He trudged off.
The mohawk guy turned back to David. "Not in a good mood, is he?"
David shrugged. "Actually, he's usually like that. I guess you just have to get used to it, he's actually a really sweet guy once you get past that." He winced slightly. "I sound like... I don't know what I sound like, but it's annoying."
The guy laughed. "You're probably gonna hate me for this, but you sound like his boyfriend or something."
David winced again, but laughed, and they just stood there for a moment, until the mohawk guy straightened and looked at him again.
"I don't think I know your name yet, or if you told me, I forgot. I'm Mark."
"David," David said, "and he's Colin, wherever he's gone now."