December Every Day

We're Here

He didn't know how much later he woke, but he didn't wake particularly pleasantly. He was being poked. He swatted tiredly in the general direction of whoever was poking him, and the person grabbed his wrists. Gently, but still.
"Hey. Look, I didn't know how else to get you up. I tried a bunch of other things. But we're here. I just thought you might like to know, so forgive me if you didn't want to be woken." The red blur appeared again, and solidified itself into a mohawk, with a pair of blue eyes underneath it. A face eventually arrived to join the other features.
"Mark. Sorry." David tried to get up, and would have fallen into Colin but for the fact that Mark was still holding his wrists. Mark pulled him up, wrapping an arm around him to make sure he didn't fall.
"Okay now?"
"Yeah. Thanks." He walked a couple of steps down the center of the train and back. "Should we wake Colin?"
"I guess. I mean, he's your friend, really, so you'd know better. Oh, and those other two already left, I think. The couple."
"Martin and Stella?"
"Oh, that's their names. Anyway, they're not there anymore, and I think they got off." Mark jerked his head towards the front of the car, where the door was.
David decided it would be best to wake Colin, and so he lifted the boy and shook him softly. Colin woke quickly.
"What?"
David laughed. "We're here."
"Oh good." He stood up, nearly fell over, righted himself, and walked down to the door.
David glared at his back. "Well, nice of you to stay and talk." He didn't say it loud enough for Colin to hear, but Mark could hear it, and he laughed. David stiffened, and Mark reached out and tugged his arm. "Come on, let's get off the train."
There was definitely a point to that, since almost everybody else had already left. The two made their way down the aisle to the door, and stepped out.