Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Kegan's After math!

For why in heaven's name would my father let me drink, I have no idea, but then again I am appreciative for that. It gave me the courage to go to that restaurant and get her back. The only problem was every where I went my new fiancée went as well. I already hated this Amanda girl. Seriously, I didn't even know her last name and I wanted to through her out on the street. I downed my forth cup of whiskey that my father had given me. It still stung all the way down, but it was a good sting. It was a sting to let me know that my heart hadn't been completely ripped out of my chest.

The first thing I noticed when she left was the thump. It was faint, but I could hear it. I wasn't supposed to be able to hear that loan thump even thought my senses were much sharper than the normal human. Then again, who am I to even compare myself to a normal human. Amanda giggled at something my mother had said. Mother was smiling, but her smile didn't reach her eyes. “I think I liked Madeline better, even if your father hates her,” mom sighed. I smiled at her reassuringly. Maybe father would make a trade. Give Amanda to the brutal T.J and let me keep her.

“Mom where did they go,” I slurred as I drained the rest of my fifth glass. It was a wonder I hadn't passed out considering this is one of the only times I have drank in my years.

“To that little French restaurant about two miles from the river,” she answered in an all knowing voice. I smiled as I got up off the couch and stumbled forward.

“Where are you going,” my father asked harshly.

“To dinner,” I hissed back. Amanda jumped to her feet and danced over to me. She smiled and I felt the contents of my stomach churn. “But first to the bathroom.” I ran for the closest bathroom, but I saw the front door first. Just as the tiny finger sandwiches that mom served for an appetizer started to rumble back up my esophagus. I ran to the bushes just in time. I heaved violently for what seemed like hours but couldn't have been more than five minutes. Amanda put a hand on my back as my body convulsed a few times as if I were hiccuping.

“Okay. On to the French place!”

Amanda drove as I directed her to where my mother had told me they'd be. The thumping got louder with each moment we got closer to her. We made it to the restaurant in a matter of fifteen to twenty minutes. I rushed out of the passenger's seat not waiting for her to even shut off the car as I raced towards the door. Her, being a fellow vampire, caught up quickly. I could tell she was getting impatient with me, but at that moment I couldn't have cared less. I walked through the door, the guy in the penguin suit asked if I had reservations, I shoved passed him and into the dining area. There she was sitting beside, wait. Is that?

I waltzed in looking like I owned the place as I walked straight up to their table. I smiled brightly allowing just a tiny bit of my left fang to show. I'm sure no one noticed since I'll admit I was a little drunk. “Hello everyone, I want you to meet my fiancée,” I slurred, and she gave me that groan that she only did when she saw me. It caused me to smile even wider, and it was pure music especially with the rhythm of the lulling thump behind it. She looked at Regan and whispered something a little harshly and he smiled then full out laughed at me.

“That's not the something I meant,” she hissed harshly.

“T.J. Oh man, I never thought I'd see you with a girl like that,” I said as I glared at glared at her. I knew it was a cheap shot, but I didn't care. The gloves have come off. She sighed as she thought, “here we go.”

“Well I hear she's just a present anyway,” T.J laughed slightly. I could see her annoyance with him. She hated him all ready and he hadn't even touched her. That thought made my entire night.

“Oh God Save me,” she screeched at once as T.J wrapped an arm around her I didn't bother to look at Regan as he began to scream “I'll kill him” in his mind. Before anyone knew what was happening I pounced on the table right in front of T.J. Even though he wasn't the one I was speaking to I still landed perfectly in front of him like a cat would land perfectly after jumping off a roof.

“Just remember who helped you through the last three days Madeline, and then when he beats you like your father did, don't come crying to me,” I hissed. Something in my head yelled at me for saying that. I couldn't tell if it was someone or just my conscious. Regan pulled me off the table and looked at me in awe.

“I took everything and more from my father. I don't need this from the people who 'own me' now,” she hissed.

“Maddie,” a voice a cross the room called. She looked up to see just who had called her name. I was curious my self as I glanced across the room.

“Naomi,” she whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I'm not going to be able to post tomorrow
and maybe sunday too. I'm not sure, but I'm going for
three updates before it's too late lol! If you've ever heard of
York's Summer Fest then come out and see me at the colgate
Country show down. (My cousins are competing against each other!)