Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Make the thump stop. Kegan's POV!

I was lost as I watched Maddie beam at her friend. She was quiet a sight when she was happy. Her eyes glowed, and her smile lit up. There's no one that could look like that in the universe. I couldn't help but to stare. Suddenly I heard, “stupid telepathic boy,” screamed. I knew it was Maddie, which only made it worse. Her heart was so loud. It was racing, but see seemed calm.

“Come on Keg,” Lydia's voice said, but her lips didn't move. She dragged me off to the other side of the restaurant. She stopped directly in front of the restrooms which was close to a water fountain.

“What Lydia,” I slurred. I sounded almost as bad as I did before I left the house. As I remembered that scene my stomach churned once again, but I was determined not to throw up. I stared at her. Her piercing gray eyes.

“Why are you doing this to yourself,” she hissed this time moving her lips.

“Doing what,” I slurred as I attempted to roll my now heavy eyes.

“Just don't play with her okay. I know you have a thing for her, and I may have knowledge that she has a small one for you too, but we don't have time for your childish games.”

“I am not being childish.” She glared at me. The thumping was slowing growing softer and I just wanted to be closer to the noise. Just to see where it's coming from.

“Please Kegan. I know you think T.J is an awful person, but that doesn't mean he'll treat her terribly.”

“Yes it does Lid. Now off to find the thump,” I hissed.

“The what,” she questioned.

“The thump. Can't you hear it? That stupid thump. I hate that sound.”

“What thump Keg? All I hear are human hearts.” She made a strange face as she listened for anything deeper.

“I don't know. It's so loud and it never stops. Unless she's gone,” I hissed as I turned to leave.

“Who is she, Kegan?”

“What?”

“What she are you talking about?”

“Madeline,” I hissed as I stormed out of the small corner and into the main dinning area. I didn't bother to tell Amanda. Who really cares about her any way? All I want to do is find the source of that thump again. Maybe I could make it stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry about not keeping my promise... My computer went hay wire yesterday.
I went to my cousin's contest. He made 4th place. YAY! So I'm going to try to update
alot for you guys tonight and tomorrow.

Please Comment! It'll make me want to write even more. And I'd love you're oppinions!