Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Why Won't It Stop! Maddie's POV!

I pulled my knees up on the seat so that my legs were covered by his jacket. Naomi had started a random conversation about music with Regan. I think they were debating over who was better H.I.M or CKY. The aroma of his jacket was slowly lulling me to sleep as their argument got more heated. I was slowly drifting off into a land of dreams. I was so warm, and I could almost feel myself floating on the edge of sleep and awake.

Without warning, the car door that had been holding me up was snatched open. I fell onto the pavement really hard. So hard, I could practically feel my hear skip a beat. I groaned loudly as I debated opening my eyes to see who had done this, and keeping the closed hoping I could go to sleep just lying here. Then again, that position was really uncomfortable, so I decided on the first. I slowly opened my eyes to see those beautiful gray-green eyes staring down at me. “Keg, what the hell are you doing,” Regan shouted at once. Before I had time to react Kegan was snarling and growling something awful.

“Making that sound stop,” Kegan hissed.

“Oh my God,” I said instantly as Kegan lunged for my head. I screamed loudly as I pulled myself up an inch off the ground only to be slammed back down again.

“Kegan,” Regan growled, “stop this now!”

“No Reg, you don't understand.”

“Well then let's go some where away from her and you can,” Regan was trying to say calmly but was interrupted by my groans.

“Maddie, are you okay,” Naomi asked in a weak voice as she stared at Kegan.

“No!” I put my hand to my head, which had hit the pavement extremely hard twice now. “Oh no.”

“What,” Regan asked carefully as he made his way out of the car and in between Kegan and me.

“Look,” I whispered as I held my bloody palm up to the car light for him to see. His eyes widened as he glared at Kegan.

“Okay, this is bad. This is really bad. Um,” Regan said over and over again.

“Don't just stand there dopey get her to a hospital,” Naomi hissed at Regan. She now took on a new stance as she glared hard at Kegan as well.

“I knew this would turn out bad,” I whispered to myself. Regan stared at me as Naomi tried to lift me into the car herself. I didn't weigh much now, don't get me wrong, but Naomi was smaller than me, and there was no way she was getting me into the car. Kegan bent down slowly causing me to flinch back. I couldn't help but to wonder if he was going to do more damage.

“It won't stop Madeline, why won't it stop,” he whispered. He didn't seem like he was drunk any more, he wasn't slurring his words, but he did seem oddly nervous for the first time.

“Why won't what stop,” I whispered back. He didn't answer, he simply put his hands under my shoulders and gently lifted me as Naomi pulled. They managed to get me seated in the car so I wouldn't be hurt, but that didn't stop the searing pain that traveled from the wound in my head like little sound waves through the rest of my body. It rippled with no signs of stopping. I could feel my own heart beat and it scared me.

“Don't worry Maddie, I won't let him hurt you anymore. If he tries I'll stick Regan on him,” Naomi laughed slowly. Her smile never caught her eyes though. She held that same cold stare at Kegan as She got situated in the seat beside me prepared to go.

“Don't forget Lydia and Amanda, Keg, and tell mom and dad we'll be home as soon as she's fixed up,” Regan instructed as we headed for the closest hospital.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and Suggestions are appreciated!!-------

XxfroznblackrosexX guessed my movie meaning. haha I was
watching the pirates of the caribbean one day before writing Kegan's
last chapter and that's why he kept talking about the thump.

Thanks Saieeda for the awesome suggestions on names! And I was
wondering I forgot to put it in my message but how do you pronounce your
name? ((I know dumb internet question)) but I was curious!