Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Maddie, then Kegan!

Maddie's PIV

The warm coppery blood flowed from my head. Naomi tried the old pressure trick, pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding, well apparently that makes head wounds hurt ten times worse. I couldn't let her hold pressure on my head, so she decided to do the next best thing. Rag on Kegan. “What's his problem anyway? He shows up drunk while you're meeting your new owner. He defends you at first then he turns his words on you. Then like a freaking space alien he comes and bashes your head open,” she went on and on. Something must have clicked after about ten minutes of repeating, “he shows up drunk while you're meeting your new owner.” I didn't get what she was talking about, but what ever it was upset poor Regan a lot.

“He may have been drunk but he didn't know about T.J,” Regan hissed at her.

“Don't get prissy just cause you're jealous,” she hissed back. I didn't bother paying attention as they argued.

It was to hard to try an listen to them anyway. My head swirled with bright colors. I could still feel my heart in my chest. It was so much slower than when I first felt it. I hope that isn't a bad thing. I just sat there with my forehead on Naomi's knee and I kept telling myself to inhale, and exhale. I probably didn't have to instruct myself to breath, but it was just calming to say the words over and over in my head. “Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.”

“We're here,” Regan called. I felt my body shift without my permission as she moved me. I groaned as a lightening bolt of pain shot down my spine. I saw a worried expression cross her face. Her teal and pink hair brightening to way beyond the colors they were supposed to be. Regan stepped into view and his blond and blue hair blended together to make this sort of whitish blue. Then everything grew so bright I had to close my eyes. I couldn't look at anyone or anything.

“Madeline,” Naomi called. Her voice sounded so distant. I could feel the electricity of the pain as he touched my head. “Maddie.” She was still whispering. I heard Regan mumble something to her but I don't know what it could be. I couldn't help but to wonder how bad Kegan had damaged my head. No one had ever deliberately made a murder attempt on my life until Kegan came at my head like that. What could his have possibly meant by “why won't it stop Madeline.”? What is it, how am I supposed to know, why do I have to die?

“It's your heart Madeline,” something whispered before the darkness took over. “It's your heart.”

Kegan's POV

“What have I done,” I whispered into the shadows after Regan had driven off in the car. “What have I done.”

“Keg, everything okay,” Lydia asked sweetly. I could tell it was fake for Amanda. She was almost good at it, that was until she saw the the others were gone. “Where's my car.”

“Madeline had an accident. Blood, head, pavement. Not in that order of course, but they went to the hospital,” I explained. My voice was no longer slurred, but I think that little jolt of hearing her skull hit the pavement instead of that irritating thump that she had. What caused it? Her heart couldn't be that loud, if it was then wouldn't Regan or Lydia be bothered by it as well.

“What,” Lydia screeched. Amanda kind of smiled. She is just evil!

“Come on, I'm tired can we go home. She should be there in a few hours.” I stared at my sister as I begged her with my mind to just get into the car, drive back to our house and let me pass out like normal. She just glared.

“I'll drop you two off. I'm going to the hospital.” Suddenly her pocket buzzed. She pulled out a small sliver of black and I realized her phone had went off.

“Hello,” she asked. “Oh my God.” “He did!” “Uh huh, okay. Well is she okay?” “Oh no. As soon as you got there?”

“What's going on,” I hissed.

“Regan told on you, and Maddie passed out in the parking lot of the hospital from blood loss. She's seeing a doctor now, and she can't come home until tomorrow after observations. Naomi and Regan are staying with her,” Lydia informed as she hopped into the driver's seat. I slid into the passenger's seat and Amanda just made it into the back seat before Lydia backed out of the spot, and sped home.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is too my 62 readers wheather you like it or not! and this is also
for my wonderful subscribers. I promised you guys friday after noon
three updates in a row. My computer flipped out, and I just got it fixed
and home lol, so enjoy Comment's are appreciated. and so are suggestions

If you have any very cool/ unique names that you like. Or you'd like to see your
name in a Nikki original the please message me/comment me your suggestions
for T.J's family and friends.

Oh, and I may or may not choose who she's going to end up with soon. I mean
not in the chapters I mean just so I'll know. So if you guys wanna help me along
then let me know who you like better between now and chapter 25.