Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

The bedtime story. Kegan's POV!

“I can't believe you Kegan. How could you do something like that,” Lydia shouted at me. She wouldn't stop yelling, and she had to calm down before we get in front of mom and dad.

“I'm sorry Lydia. I'll make it up to her, I'll stay in my room for weeks, just calm down.”

“Kegan, don't listen to her. The girl was a simple human. You honestly don't have to be sorry,” Amanda said sweetly as she glared at Lydia.

“When we get out of this car I am going to kill you, then bring you back to life, then re-kill you,” Lydia hissed at her. I smiled slightly, then that image of Maddie lying on the ground bleeding flooded my mind.

I couldn't stop thinking about what I had done. I couldn't stop seeing that image of her eyes as shock flooded them when she realized she was bleeding. I couldn't even remember what made me do that. All I remember was drinking with my father, and then I was standing over her as the scent of blood flooded my sense of smell. How could I just slam her into the pavement like that? I knew that stupid sound would drive me mad. “Lid, is there something wrong with me,” I questioned like a three year old. She stopped ranting suddenly.

“Why do you ask?”

“All I can hear is that sound. That deafening thump.”

“What sound Keg?”

“Madeline's heart. It's all I've been hearing since before she came to our house. I heard it when James called dad on the phone.” Lydia gasped and Amanda groaned. It wasn't nearly as pleasing as Maddie's groan was.

“Didn't mom use to tell us a story about that?”

“I don't remember. I never paid attention when mom told us sappy bedtime stories. I always waited for dad to tell us the war story.”

“Yeah, but weren't the two stories related.”

“Lydia, I don't know!”

“Wait, are you talking about the story where the king of vampires and the leader of the werewolves were friends and that one girl came in between them,” Amanda piped up. Lydia looked at her with a raised brow.

“Yeah, that's the story. Remember they got into a huge fight, and turned it against each other. Remember how it took years to rebuild the friendship between the two kingdoms.”

“I remember the war, Lid, but what does that have to do with me?”

“Both men could hear the girl's hear beat. It was louder than any other sound. It drowned out everything else, remember, it drove them crazy.”

“Yeah, but didn't the girl die in the end,” Amanda questioned. Lydia glared.

“I don't remember,” she growled as we pulled into the drive way. “You guys go in, tell mom and dad where the others are. I'm going to the hospital. I need to see how bad the damage is.” I nodded as I got out of the car. Amanda followed suit, we walked into the house. Mom nearly attacked me before I had the chance to even take a step towards my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone. To PosionSacrement, I know HIM is better,
but it's still the age old question you know! Oh and I just recently
found out that some of you subscribers are putting the story Link
into your signature. You guys don't have to do that, but thank you soo
much for doing so. If anyone is wondering I now have 71 readers,
27 subscribers, and 23 comments whoo hoo. You guys make me
feel so Loved. Lets see how many updates I can get out today shall we!

Thank you once again for reading and Commenting. Remember
comments and suggestions are appreciated. If you fell there should
be a change let me know. TJ fans send me names for his friends and
family! I have a few I'm planning to use now, but I wanna see what you think!!