Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Why was Kegan Drunk?

Maddie's POV

I felt like someone had dropped an anvil on my head. It hurt so much, the worst part though was that the pain went in small waves through out my entire body. The last thing I remembered was snuggling into Kegan's jacket, then he was standing over top of me. He seemed really angry too. Oh my, did he kill me. Is this what death feels like. The pain waves continued to get worse, only I could hear small beeping sounds now. I felt someone holding my hand, and I could hear mumbling. My mouth was so dry. I hated it. My eyelids felt as if they weighed a ton, but I wanted to open them. I managed to move one of my fingers slowly, but very painfully. I heard someone gasp, and I slowly managed to lift my heavy eyelids.

I looked around for a moment, but everything appeared blurry. It scared me a lot because I couldn't help but to wonder if I would make a good blind person. I blinked a few times and then the room came into view. The walls were a bright off white color, there was a small gray television set that was moved to face to the right side of the room. I looked down to see I was in one of those ugly bluish green hospital gowns. The thin sheets on the bed that were covering my aching body suddenly seem like they weren't enough. The hand that was holding mine was squeezing gently was shaking lightly. It was pale with black nail polish. I looked up to see Naomi. Her cheeks were some what red, and her eyes were puffy. It looked like she had been crying.

“Oh Maddie, finally,” she said happily. More tears filled the brim of her eye and I wondered what was wrong. What happened.

“Why are you so sad,” I blurted without thinking. Then again, to think right then was impossible because of the pain coursing through my throbbing head.

“Maddie,” she smiled sadly, “you've been out cold for hours. I was planning on killing that stupid boy, but that one guy over there,” she paused to point, “wouldn't take me too him.” She laughed but it didn't sound happy.

“Oh, don't worry. We'll kill Kegan when the time comes. We might have to tie Regan to a tree,” I croaked. She laughed this time making it sound more genuine.

“You sound like a frog.” She laughed even harder. It caused me to laugh, and I instantly regretted it as the pain shot through my head.

“Owe, please don't make me laugh,” I sighed as I held my hand to my forehead. My own hand felt like it had been in a freezer for days. I shivered slightly, and winced from the pain.

“I'll get you another blanket,” Naomi said as she got up from her chair and walked out into the quietness of the hall. I looked over to the chair by the window that she had pointed to earlier. Regan was curled up in an uncomfortable looking chair. His hands covering his face, and he looked like he was asleep. I sighed loudly, and he looked up at me.

“It's about time. Do you know how ballistic that girl is? Lydia is some where going mad, and Kegan called. Oh mom, well you don't want to know what mom did,” he said in one breath, then put his hands back over his face.

“I'm sorry Regan,” I sighed as I closed my eyes. The room was bright, and the beeping was doing nothing for my head.

“For what?”

“For ending up in the hospital.”

“That's not your fault,” he hissed, “it's Kegan's. You can bet we're going to stick your friend on him when we get back home.”

“Regan?”

“Hm?”

“Why was Kegan drunk?”
♠ ♠ ♠
82 readers and 29 suscribers and 5 steady commenters. I feel
Like this story is doing alot better than when it first started out.
thank you commenters, and please don't hesitate to tell me you
want something changed. I love suggestions. lolz I also love
comparing what you want to my general idea of where I want this
to go.