Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

New Faces and Hospital Beat Downs

“I'm River Parker.” He seemed nervous, and this room was driving me crazy. I was like a tropical bird stuck in a way to small cage, only I'm not as beautiful as a tropical bird, and this room isn't exactly a cage.

“Nice to meet you River Parker. Now, I have to figure out why you seem nervous, why Kegan is glaring at me like that, and why Regan isn't back with the damned release forms yet.” T.J lost his glare slightly and he looked kind of really cute with out it. Kegan just held his only he turned it on River.

“Why are you here anyway,” he hissed. At least he was being mean to someone else for a change.

“Because Zane needed a ride,” River said weakly.

“Your afraid of the big bad Kegan.” I laughed as I pointed at River. I wanted to hit myself for how childish and stupid I sounded.

“And that is why you can't leave just yet. They said one more hour,” Regan's voice said from the door.

“That's one question answered. Now, why is River nervous, and why does Kegan hate me,” I said to myself.

“I do not hate you. Why does everyone assume I hate the human.” Every eye in the room landed on him and he started backing towards the door, but Regan blocked him in.

“She doesn't know right Kegan,” Regan hissed.

“Um.”

“You wouldn't tell her would you old friend,” T.J growled.

“Psst,” the girl stood by my bed now. I looked at her with an eyebrow raised. “Did he tell you,” she whispered.

“Tell me what?”

“That he is a vampire.”

“That thing, God, is that what they're upset about, everyone knows he lied,” I said in a duh sort of tone.

“No he didn't. Kegan, Regan, and Zane are vampires. My brother and River are werewolves. They say there are girl wolves too, but that only happens once in a blue moon. Daddy says maybe this year is my year. T.J changed when he was thirteen, but I'm sixteen and nothing. I don't think it's fair.” I stared at her in shock.

“She doesn't believe me, ask her your self,” Kegan defended.

“Oh my God, you were flipping serious. Jesus, where's the phone I need to call DSS now,” I half yelled as I frantically searched for the phone, “My parents sold me to vampires.” Kegan grabbed my searching hands in seconds, but he had been a good three to four feet away. “Oh my God! You're going to kill me aren't you?”

“No, I am not going to kill you, neither is T.J. All thought dad is probably going crazy trying to deal with mom right now.”

“Help me. We have to get out of here. We're the only humans, come on. Get this needle out of me,” I pleaded with Remy as I pulled on my IV. “Help me, help me, help me!” I began to cry slowly and it only got worse.

“Sh, don't cry. You'll be okay,” Remy said as she stroked my cheek in a sisterly way.

“This is impossible,” Kegan hissed.

“What is your problem your the one who's going to freaking kill me!”

“I am not, I just want that irritating sound to stop!”

“What sound?” He turned away from me and walked straight for the door. Regan still blocked his way, and all eyes were on me now.

“Move Reg,” Kegan growled. Regan didn't budge.

“Maddie, all he can hear is your heart beat,” Regan said softly. I stared at him in awe.

“What?” Kegan stopped waiting as he shoved Regan to one side of the door frame with so much force the wall cracked. “He's going to be so angry!”

“Well, I have to talk to you about that,” T.J said with his head down.

“Kegan isn't going to be mad about hearing your heart, more like not hearing it as loudly anymore. I'm afraid Kivi is considering giving you to me early because of what happened.”

“Oh.”

“You asked that,” Regan hissed. “Kegan would never hurt anyone intentionally. Unless they did something first, and you know it as well as I do, you mutt!”

“Hey, now there is no need for name calling,” River said as he put his hands up in peace.

“Yeah and there was no need in telling a thirteen year old that if she slept with you she'd become a mutt like her brother,” Regan hissed. My eyes went wide.

“Did, did he really do that to you Remy,” I asked loudly. All eyes turned to the girl as she sat there. She wouldn't move, her breathing hesitated. “Oh, my goodness he did, didn't he?” She nodded slowly and I held out my arms to hug her as if she were Abby.

“You sick bastard,” I hissed at River.

“That was a long time ago,” he said slowly. Before I knew it he was slammed into a near by wall.

“You better pray I never find you outside of these hospital walls,” T.J hissed as three doctors came into the room to see what was going on. “You had better pray River!” The boy took his opportunity to get out as fast as lightening. I shivered at the thought of someone hurting my poor sister like that. Benny and I would take care of it probably the same way T.J had. I didn't blame him. If I wasn't hooked to all these machines I would have got out of the stupid bed and punched River for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
so you guys get a few extra updates because I didnt get to go to school today.
I was in a car accident this morning. Some kid slammed on breaks in front of me
the bad thing is he had his learner's permit. No worries, I'm fine, but It scared me
a little. I was crying this morning my car looks horrible. ugh! but the good news is
you get updates sooner.

Comment and or message, because I love that!! and it'll make me feel better!!