Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

This could only happen to me!

Kegan's POV

I just had to bring up that sound. How much worse could this possibly get. Now she knows that I just want her heart to stop beating, and what's next is she going to find out that I love like her. This is insane. I can't like someone I don't know. I can't like someone that I love to pick on, can I? I'm supposed to like Amanda. Not Madeline. This is not right! “Who am I kidding,” I said aloud to myself as I hurried out of the hospital.

“You're only kidding yourself Kegan,” Lydia's voice sounded in my head. I hated having a sister would could hear my every word and then think her answers. It's ten times worse than having a normal sister.

“I know, I know,” I sighed. I didn't bother with the car Amanda had driven, I just headed for the nearest batch of trees. Thankfully, even though we live in a fairly large town, we have a lot of trees, which is why God blessed the south in my opinion. I got to an area with tons of tall oak trees that was only maybe twenty feet from the hospital and I began to run. There is nothing like running. The wind rushing past you, the ground flying by, the small twigs and roots sticking out of the ground that would trip a normal human. There's running on concrete, then there's running through the woods.

I managed to get home in little under twenty minutes when it took me almost a good hour to get to the hospital. See how much better running is? I walked through the front door, and immediately ducked when I spotted a flying vase. It crashed on the ground behind me. “You cannot give her to him now! Do you hear me you will not,” my mother's voice shouted.

“Why I bought her for him, no one wants her here. Regan got a little attached to her, and Lydia can play with Amanda just as well as she can Madeline,” dad's voice said harshly. Another vase came flying at my head, only this time I forgot to duck as the words processed. They were giving Maddie away. I never believed they would, but in 3 days it will be one full week and T.J's birthday.

“Why did you bring her here,” I hissed as I stormed out of the door brushing the broken glass from the vase that I hadn't felt hit me on the floor. I heard my name called several times, but I didn't care. I had to get away. Where could I go? I could go down to the lake, but someone would find me there. I could go to the River, but T.J is probably there.

I just walked around the woods that surrounded the house. I honestly didn't want to go back to the house, but I couldn't think of any where else that was safe to go. My parents, though, ugh! They're going to be fighting something awful.

I finally decided to head back to the house. I could shimmy up the drain pipe and get into my room unnoticed hopefully. Why did everything always have to turn out so bad. I looked towards the sky ready to see if that “talk to the sky” thing Maddie did really worked when I noticed the sun was sinking behind the trees which mean I had been out here for maybe five hours making it almost seven. I sighed before heading slowly towards the drain pipe that I thought was under my window. It was hard to tell if you didn't climb up and down the pipes that often. I don't do that I promise I'm a good vampire.
I was a little out of practice in the climbing department, but I made it to the top of the pipe. I peered in the window to see something very unexpected. I knew this would only happen to someone like me.

Maddie's POV!

I was sitting on my bed eating a toasted chunky peanut butter sandwich that Lydia had made for me about half an hour ago. I was take really small bites because my head still felt kind of funny. I always felt a little dizzy and that made me somewhat nauseous. I just sat there staring at what ever was playing on the television, not paying any attention whatsoever it was kind of weird just thinking for a change. It did make my head hurt, but it helped straighten things out.

I sighed loudly. I needed a shower, I was wearing last night's clothes that Lydia had dressed me in, and I just felt icky from the hospital. I put my sandwich on the table beside me and I got up to go find something out of my bag. My lone back that I hadn't thought of in forever. I felt my heart ache as I thought of Paul. I wondered how he was often, but this is worse. Much worse. I missed rocking him to sleep, I missed talking to him, and most of all I missed those cute little sentences he used. I felt a tear trickle down my left cheek as I grabbed a pair of ratty jeans and a random black tee shirt. “This is not going to be good.” I sighed as I headed for the corner where the bathroom door was located. I had this strange feeling that someone was watching me, so I had to glance at the window. No one was there, and besides who would be able to climb to the second floor using nothing but the drain pipe bellow my window. It looked older than dirt, and it was so rusted I was surprised it didn't give off a disease just by looking at it.

I made my way into the beautiful bathroom with ivory tiling, and bright red walls. I grabbed a towel out of the cabinet on the other side of the room and placed it on the rack with my clothes beside the shower. I stripped off my dirty clothes and threw them towards the bin I put dirty clothes in. I set the water to a little to warm and took a long shower. I finished and dried myself before putting on my comfy clothes. I walked out of the bathroom towel drying my hair.

I sat down by the large dresser and grabbed a comb to get the tangles out of my hair. Only I looked up in the mirror to see a very odd site. This is just the type of thing that could only happen to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
to everyone who is concerned about my accident this moring, yes I am fine, and so
are the people who I slid into. If I didn't tell you exactly this kid with his learner's permit
stopped suddenly in front of me and I slammed on breaks and slid under his SUV. if your
wondering I drive a 2001 ford escort. it's tiny and made of fiberglass. not a good thing
to hit an SUV in, but I'm fine.

thank you for your concern and thank you for the comments and messages! I will not
give you guys details on the ending but I have it somewhat planned out. Your votes
which I cann tell you have panned out like 5 for kegan and 1 for TJ all though everyone
loved him in the last chapter. let's just see how the next chapter goes shall we?