Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

feelings and Questions

There sat a rather sad looking Kegan. His elbows on his knees, and his head in his hands. He looked amazingly cute even though he was so sad. Without thinking, I turned around in my chair and stared at him a moment before getting up and walking towards him. I didn't know what to do or say, all I knew was that someone was in pain, and there was nothing I could do. So, I did the first thing that came to mind. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He didn't move for a moment from shock, I went to pull away from him, but his arms pulled me back into the embrace. “I never meant any of the bad things I did to you,” he said through a shakey voice. “It's just that sound, your heart, was so loud. I was so messed up. I'm sorry.” He buried his head into my shoulder. I felt what I thought was tears as his body slowly shook. He heaved with each sob, and I couldn't help but to think it was really sweet for him to cry.

“What brought this on, now,” I asked quietly as he began to compose himself.

“They're sending you away. You're not staying here,” he said in an angry whisper.

“Why should that matter Kegan? You have a fiancée and you don't need a weak little human. You need one of your own kind,” I lied to him, but my words were soft and gentle. I never could lie, but now was one of those times that it didn't matter. He would believe me not matter what.

“You're right,” he sighed against my shoulder. He slowly let go of me and his head came off my shoulder. I was a little sad, I'll admit it, that embrace was the single most wonder think I had ever felt, but it was something that couldn't happen.

I looked at his face, his eyes were blood shot, but red lines streaked his face. Where normal tears should have been there were small droplets of blood. It frightened me a bit, but there was no reason for me to be afraid. “Kegan, your bleeding,” I whispered as I wiped away a new red tear drop with my thumb.

“I know,” he sighed. He stood up from his seat and went over to the window. “I'm sorry Maddie,” he whispered.

“Kegan! Wait,” I said, quickly thinking of some thing I had wanted to ask. A spark of hope glistened in his eye, then it was gone. Every emotion that use to cover that face was gone.

“What,” he asked simply.”

“I have some questions.”

“Like what?”

“Like about vampires and werewolves.”

“Okay.” He came back and took a seat in the floor instead of on the bed with me. I sighed. He would never be as comfortable around me again. I thought at least we could have been friends.

“That's not possible Madeline, now what were your questions,” he interrupted my thoughts.

“That is still weird.”

“So stop thinking and ask.”

“Okay, one; are you like immortal, two; can humans become werewolves and vampires, three; why were you so angry at me when I first came here.”

“Hm. One; no you can kill me, two; yes humans can become vampires, no not werewolves that's a whole superstition, and three; I wasn't angry. I was just upset because a strange human was in my house and I didn't know about it.” He seemed uncaring all of a sudden. It was very strange, I wanted him to at least act like he hated me.

“So does that mean vampires and werewolves can like um, you know, with humans,” I asked with a small blush. That spark came into his eyes and this time it didn't leave.

“I know werewolves do because there are so few girls in their race, but I'm not so sure about vampires. I've never heard of it. Unless you read that whole twilight series thing.”

“I liked her book the Host better,” I laughed.

“Yeah, me too. If you have anymore questions ask Lydia,” he said a little sadly.

“Kegan,” I said weakly.

“Yeah,” he asked back.

“What if I don't want to be given to T.J?”

“Come on, I want you to see something.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so if you're curious theres now 126 readers and 37 subscribers. WHoo Hoo!!

Okay so I asked for a song earlier... well I changed my mind ((sorry for those of you
who were doing the song for me, but look do not stop if you started. I still need the
song for later)) but there is something important I need to do with the scene in the
next chapter or so... Youll see what it is then until then enjoy.

thank you for the comments and remember I do like suggestions and when you
tell me to change something. It makes my day almost as much as the comments
that say you're amazing!!

Oh and if you know anyone willing to help a high school student out with her
senior project. I'm trying to find sponsers for my publishing project. I have
to self publish a book of writings or something! You never know if I find a
sponser this may turn into a book haha!! Help please!