Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Kegan's Electrifying Kiss!

Kegan\s POV

I took Maddie to the first place I could think of. The first place I had found when we moved into this house. It was the first place I came to try and get over my first kill. The only place that meant anything to me in this whole house. I knew it was a stupid thing to do, seeing as she is going to be a present to one of my friends, and he's probably going to fall head over heals in love with her. Just like I had.

I immediately started hating myself for thinking these sorts of thoughts, so I decided to concentrate on her movements, her eyes, her face, and most importantly, that intoxicating sound of her heart. She stepped out of the stair well hall we had just come down and onto the roof. It was pretty late, and the sun was just peeking over the lake near our house. It sank lower and lower, and she walked around in awe as she explored each corner of my most prized place.

“So, what do you think,” I asked slowly as the twilight colors set in. She turned to face me, and her black hair caught all the pinks, purples, and blues. Her green eyes reflected the orange hue, and the stars were beginning to sparkle even though the last rays of sun light. I use to only think her heart was the sound I hated, but still longed for. At that moment in time, I realized it wasn't a silly sound, it was the girl that the sound belonged to.

“I think this place suits you. It seems to beautiful to be real, and almost like no one has ever been up here. It reminds me of all those walls you've seemed to build up,” she said in a non-thinking sort of way. Then she realization dawned on her. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean it,” she trailed off.

“No, you're right. No one has been up here, and the only thing that makes it so beautiful is the natural beauty of it. Now, I wouldn't know about the walls, or if I did, I wouldn't admit it,” I said with a sly grin. She smiled weakly as she continued to watch the sky.

“Why did your family do this? Why do you have to be arranged to marry Amanda, and why am I T.J's present?” She sighed loudly as she took a seat on the table next to the door.

“I don't know, Madeline. I have to be married because that's the whole world my dad is excepted in. I have to take over his business, and eventually I'll only be able to meet with clients over the phone, and I'll be a bitter vampire forever. The present thing, I can't answer that either. To be honest, I'm a little peeved that my father would pick some one as clingy as Amanda.”

“Or as fun to annoy.” She was grinning from ear to ear now.

“Or to beat,” I joked along with her. She smiled some how even bigger as her cheeks began to turn read. She buried her face in her hands and shook her head as if she could shake the redness away. I walked over to stand in front of where she sat and grabbed her wrists. I gently moved her hands way from her now beet red face. “Don't cover up something as beautiful as that.” Her blush some how grew even deeper.

She sat there with her wrists in my hands, and her red face staring at me for God only knows how long, and each moment I was getting more and more attached to her. It wasn't right for one person, let a lone a vampire who isn't supposed to feel anything, to feel as strongly for another person. The only thing drawing them together is the heart beat of the other. Her face slowly started returning to normal, and that's how I knew a long time had past. I didn't want to let her go though. Instead, I leaned towards her. I don't know what made me do it, but I did. She didn't pull away like I had expected either, she simply leaned in as well. Before I knew it our lips met and I could think of nothing but the girl who I was holding onto. I managed to drop her wrists and wrap my arms around her waist, and soon afterward her her arms were around my neck. I tried to be gentle with her, and it was tough considering I couldn't hold her too tight, or I might crush her.

I could hear the screams of Regan and Lydia as they neared the house once again, but I didn't care, I was exactly where I wanted to be as we kissed. It was almost electrifying. It seemed like I could feel nothing but her. There was nothing in the universe except Madeline Garver, and me.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh yeah It finally happened. (happy dances) This doesn't mean that
they are together though. just remember that. Things in this story can
get much stranger and much more complicated this is just a small taste

xcliqueherex (sorry I miss spelled it before)) I'm sorry once again if I sounded mean I was looking for an
email adress when I wrote that message to you. If you pick a name you
like I'll be more than happy to put you in. Or if you don't want to pick your
own name, I'm sure one of the many 38 subscribers would love to pick
a name for you!

Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, and thanks for messaging.
Thanks for caring! I have to go get started writing the ending to the book
that I'm self publishing. Again I am dearly sorry to the readers of A Beautiful
Lie. I will resume posting some time after chrismas though I promise.