Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

The Party Scene

“Come on we are going to be late,” Lydia hissed as I was putting on the high top converse she had let me borrow. I finally talked her into letting me wear the midnight blue converse that matched my blue style today. When Regan came five minutes ago to tell us to get moving faster he caught a glimpse of me and he laughed.

“You look a little blue Maddie,” he said playfully.

“A little Reg,” I laughed.

“No, just a lot.” We all laughed as he left. No one had any idea of how I really felt, which was torn in two. I was leaving my friends behind today, not to mention the boy I love who say I mean nothing to him. But that's behind me now, today is a new day and I'm going to get to see my family once again.

“Naomi, I'm nervous. What if Paulie doesn't like me anymore,” I said as we managed to walk out of my room and rush down the stairs.

“Little Paul could never not like you. He's going to run up to you, and jump in your arms and scream 'Maddie, come home'.” She wore a huge smile as she reassured me which helped a lot. I sort of felt jealous of Naomi. Lydia had given her a make over as well and her teal and pink hair shined like the Hawaiian ocean water. She wore a pink and black tank top, and black shorts with knee high converse. Her converse were laced with pink and purple shoe laces and she looked amazingly beautiful. She probably could hold a candle to Lydia.

“Who is little Paul,” Lydia asked from behind me. She was beautiful with her light brown hair flipped out in the back. Her red and black undertones caught the light just perfectly giving her a serene look. She wore a red and black plaid skirt, and a black tank top with a strange symbol on it.

“Little Paul is my brother, but he feels more like my own little boy,” I explained.

“Oh, and Kivi let you invite them?”

“I talked to Abby and Benny this morning. They're all coming.”

“You really need to get in the car,” Regan shouted at the three of us. We all smiled sweetly at him.

“Coming Regan,” we said in unison.

Naomi, Jeremy, Lydia, and I rode with Regan. Mr and Mrs. Vaara drove a separate car, and Kegan drove Amanda. I still hate her, but one day I'll probably get over that. I sat up front with Regan as we laughed and joked every time a random commercial would come on the radio station we were listening to. Lydia was in the back rolling her eyes at how flirtatious Naomi and Jeremy were being, and we were off to give me to my new owner. Oddly as it sounds, I wasn't afraid or nervous to see T.J this time. I had a weird feeling that maybe we just might hit it off as friends.

“We're here,” Regan said in a sad tone as we pulled into a drive way. There were at least fifty picnic tables set up around this beautiful pond, and there were younger kids jumping on a trampoline. They were laughing with each other, and I almost cried. They looked so much like my own kids. Like my beautiful siblings. I knew they weren't though.

“Whatever Kegan, you know, I'm right,” TJ was laughing as Regan parked the car. We all got out, and stood there for a moment.

“I'm sorry, Maddie,” Regan mouth over the top of the car. “Hey T.J.”

“Oh, look whose here,” T.J said as we walked over to us. He eyed Jeremy's arm that was loosely thrown over Naomi's shoulders. Lydia smiled brightly at him, then his eyes met mine.

“Hello T.J.”

“Hi, Maddie.” He wouldn't stop staring at me, and it was making me feel nervous. T.J wasn't supposed to look at me in that longing way. Kegan however, didn't look phased one bit. I blinked my eyes once as I told myself the rule once again. 'Never let them see you cry, kid, that always means you let them win'

“Seriously Abigale. She told me to be at this address,” Benny's voice flowed through my ears. T.J looked towards him, but then turned his gaze back to me.

“If she did, then where is she.”

“Ask those people over there.” I smiled a grin that I haven't felt cross my face in a long time as I looked over to Naomi. She was smiling an 'I told you so' smile at me as well. I turned around to face the voice. Benny was holding Paulie's hand, but not for long. As soon as I turned around Paulie pulled away from him and raced towards me. My smile some how grew ten times bigger. I bent down and held my arms out for him.

“Maddie,” he screeched.

“Oh, Paulie.”

“She has kids,” T.J screamed. I laughed at him, but I never released Paul.

“Paul, what did I tell you about running up to strangers,” Benny hissed.

“Don't you use that tone with him. Benjamin Garver,” I hissed at him. He looked at me with wides eyes.

“How do you know my name?” I rolled my eyes.

“Maddie, your in girl's clothes,” Abigale said slowly. I laughed at her confused face.

“My friend Lydia insisted on me wearing this. I wanted to come in my holy jeans and Benny's old tee shirt.”

“You stole my tee shirt,” he cried.

“You have kids,” T.J screeched again as his hands flew to his head. Naomi smacked him in the back of the head.

“No, you idiot. She's only seventeen. Those are her siblings.”

“Oh!”

“Maddie. Who are these people,”Gregory piped up.

“Come here book worm,” I laughed as I hugged him tightly. As soon as that was over Benny engulfed me in a huge embrace.

“We missed you,” he said only loud enough for me to here.

“I missed you too.” He let go reluctantly, and I hugged Abby at last. She had to hold back tears almost as much as I did.

“T.J, I want you to meet my family,” I said as I let Abby go. We walked over to me with wide eyes. “This is my sister, who is the oldest now, Abigale. This is my strong, but loving brother, Benny. This is the book worm, Gregory. And Last, but most important, is little Paul.”

“Why is Paul most important?”

“Because he's the youngest, sweetest, and most loving little kid you'll ever meet.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so the kids are back, let's see how the party goes. After all we still
have alot of people to meet.

If your curious we now have 155 readers and 41 subscribers Yay!

Thank you all for the name slections I appreciate it alot, now lets get to
naming T.J's family and friends shall we.