Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Mommy, Mommy I'm thirsty!

“Oh, very cool. Nice to meet you,” T.J said a little more nervously. I laughed slightly.

“Cool, you have brothers and sisters. Hey Paul, come here. I have a present for you,” Regan said sweetly. He seemed in awe with all of the kids, but he automatically got attached to Paul.

“Present?”

“Yeah, come here.” Regan put his hand in his pocket and produced two things. A green apple lolly pop, and a blue and green tie dyed bouncy ball. Paul looked at me questioningly. I smiled at him reassuringly and he walked carefully to Regan.

“Now you have to promise me you'll do one thing before you get these.”

“What?”

“Call Maddie mommy in front of my brother.”

“Who brother?”

“He is so cute Maddie. My brother is Kegan. The boy that looks like me only with red hair.”

“Promise.” Paul reached out and Regan gave him the lolly pop and ball. “Maddie. Who,” Paul asked as he came back to me and pointed at Regan.

“That's my friend Regan,” I answered.

“Regan?” I nodded.

“Regan, nice.”

“What do you say to Regan.”

“Thanks.”

“That's right.” Regan smiled evilly as he came over to Paul.

“Don't forget little man, alright.” Paul nodded. Regan held his hand out for a hand shake, but Paul gave him five instead. Everyone laughed.

“Come on kiddies, let me introduce you to some people,” T.J said in a playful manner.

“Maddie, who,” Paul asked as he pointed to T.J.

“That's who I'm going to live with.”

“Funny.” Paul started laughing.

“Okay,” T.J said just a little freaked out.

“Come on Paul. We'll freak Kegan out even more,” I laughed as Regan gained that wicked smile again as he walked away to some of his friends. I held Paul, as I normally did, on my hip and T.J stood on my other side. “So whose first.”

“How about my Aunt Mia, and her daughters.”

“Okay.” I smiled politely, and we began to walk towards a woman who was surrounded by three girls.

“Aunt Mia,” T.J said happily as he hugged the woman. She smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

“Hello, Thomas.” She was a little short standing at around 5'5, she had chocolate eyes, and light brown hair. She had perfectly straight teeth, but they were staining yellow probably from her years of coffee drinking. She wasn't fat, but I wouldn't say she was really skinny either. She was more in between you know.

“Tommy,” the girls yelled. One had dark red hair, and beautiful hazel eyes. The one beside her had dirty blond hair, with the same hazel eyes, and the last had dark chocolate hair with the same eyes. They all looked to be around seven eight and nine, but I couldn't be sure.

“This is my present from Kivi.” T.J looked at me, and the woman's eyes went wide.

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah, but that's just her little brother. I thought the same thing,” T.J laughed. I gave him an angry look and he stopped. It was slightly weird.

“Oh, I was beginning to wonder. He looks just like you sweetie. What's your name.”

“I'm Madeline, and this is little Paul,” I answered. She smiled at me, but she gave T.J a look that I couldn't place.

“Nice to meet you Madeline, and little Paul. These are my girls; Claire, Vanessa, and Bailey.” She pointed to the blond when she said Claire, the redhead was Vanessa, and the brunette was Bailey.

“They are beautiful,” I complimented.

“They don't look like sisters is what they're father says. He's out doing business today.” I nodded politely, not really knowing what else to say.

“We have to go meet some other people Mia, but we'll see you and the girls later,” T.J said as he pulled me way.

I looked around at all the people. It was strange to see this, then I remember it was his birthday. “T.J,” I asked.

“Hm.”

“How old are you?”

“This is my twentieth birthday.”

“And you are having a family get together.”

“And tomorrow a lot of my friends will drag me down to the river and get me drunk.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

We quietly walked around as he pointed people out to me. There was Sandy and her boys Zack and Ryan. Both had changed last year, T.J informed me. Most of his family members were werewolves, but he said a few vampires were at the party as well.

“Thomas Jesse Hanson,” a male voice called from behind us. T.J groaned.

“I hate when he does that,” he whispered. I smiled as I bounced Paul back up on my hip.

“Maddie,” Paul said quietly. “Bored!”

“Very sweet heart, very,”

“How could you not come find me as soon as your present got here.”

“T.J who is this,” I asked politely.

“Madeline, this is my father. Derek Hanson.” He was tall around 6'3, he had light green eyes, but not as bright as T.J's. He had dark hair, that was cut short in a masculine way. He was slightly chunky. He had the whole fatherly thing down though. He was way better at it than my own father,

“Oh, hello Mr. Hanson. Kivi has told me so many good things about you.”

“Well it's nice to meet you too Madeline. Who is this young man.” Paul smiled at the attention. I think he was hoping for more presents.

“Paulie,” Paul answered proudly.

“Well that's a good name for a young man,” Mr. Hanson cooed. I smiled. It quickly went away as Kegan and Amanda headed this way.

“Sir, I'd just like to say before time,” I tried, but I failed miserably as Kegan walked up on Paul's side. Paul stared at him for all of one second before he remember what he had to do.

“Mommy. Mommy, thirsty,” he said. I panicked. I looked at T.J with wide eyes, and Derek smiled even bigger. He shook his head slightly, and I had a feeling he all ready knew the truth, so I calmed down.

“I always knew you were a whore,” Kegan said venomously.

“I always knew you were an ass,” I said in the same tone.

“Sure you did.”

“T.J, sweetie, will you excuse Paulie, and me while I get him some juice,” I asked sweetly as I took T.J's hand into my own. He smiled a real smile and I almost forget Kegan was standing next to me. Almost forgot, I could still feel his glare.

“On one condition,” T.J answered.

“What's that?”

“You give me a kiss right here,” he said as he pointed to his cheek. Mr. Hanson's smile grew, and I could feel the full force of Kegan's hatred.

“Of course.” I kissed his cheek gently where his finger had been, and I smiled at him in a flirtatious way, then I walked towards the table they had cups set up on.

“This is going to be a bad day isn't it sweetie,” I said to Paulie.

“Yeah,” he nodded as he looked over my shoulder. I didn't know what he was looking at, but I had a feeling it was Kegan and his glare.
♠ ♠ ♠
hm, now why should Kegan act that way. Well let's Find out shall we.
Next chapter in Kegan's POV and who ever is keeping count of update
fest were up to 5 now. Last weekend was 8 so lets see if we can top
it!