Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

T.J's Protection!

T.J's POV!

I watched Kegan and Amanda fight on the way to the parking lot. I wanted to make sure he didn't hurt Maddie. I don't know why, but something told me to protect her. After Kegan was out of my sight, I turned my attention to Maddie as she stood at the refreshments table with Paul on her hip and a juice box in his hands. She was beautiful in her blue outfit, but I wondered what that bitterness between her and Kegan had been about. I knew my friend had a thing for the girl, and I also knew that he was acting on pure emotion rather than instinct at the time being. That was not Kegan at all. Kegan thought things out, and he most certainly didn't hurt people purposely. I had a feeling that some how Maddie hurt him deeply, and that was the cause for her problem.

I started walking towards her when I saw something that took the breath right out of me. Star Stevens was walking my way in her usual knock out clothes. Her bright purple hair sparkled in the sun and so did her green eyes. I thing her parents always knew she'd be that way, that's why they named her Star. “T.J, baby, I heard this awful rumor about you,” she said as she finally made her way to the spot where I stood.

“What are you doing hear,” I asked in more of a monotone.

“I came to see you on your birthday silly, and that mean old Kegan told me you had a girl hanging on your arm.” She placed her hand on my arm as she spoke seductively. I looked past her at Maddie, who seemed to be paying attention to Paul, but I could tell she was looking at us. I don't know why, but I suddenly felt very uncomfortable with Star.

“Actually, Kegan was right. I have to go get her now,” I tried to brush Star off but it wasn't working at all. Her eyes turned into slits.

“You can't do this to me T.J. We always get back together. You know that as well as I do.”

“Not this time.” She rolled her eyes.

“We will, oh you believe me, we will,” she hissed.

“I believe you will try.” Suddenly she pulled me down to her height.

“I said we will,” she hissed as she put her arm around my neck and pulled me into a kiss. I could have pushed her off. I could have left and walked over to the girl I was supposed to be escorting, but I didn't. I stood there and let her take control of the kiss. I stood there in front of my entire family who was pretty sure I was romantically involved with Madeline as I kissed my ex girlfriend. She finally pulled away, both our breathing ragged. “Let's blow the kinder garden party,” she giggled.

“I would but I can't.”

“Uh huh. You know you want to,” she whispered in my ear.

“Um.”

“Please.” Okay, so I'm only mere boy. When a girl says please like that, you definitely don't say no.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am dearly sorry Kegan fans. I do realize I'm making him out to be a
jerk right now, but it's hard not to. Soon things will come together. and
thank you to fall123 for encouraging me and my loop holes, I have now
thought about where I want to end this story. It won't be in the 100's like
I hoped for, but it will have a sequal. YAY! so on with update fest!

Oh by the way, this chapter goes out to xcliqueherex thanks for the character
idea, let me know what you think of her. And thank you Solastyear for help
with the names... there was two more who sent names, and I would note
you, but I can't remember your screen names at the moment, so when I can
note them I will.