Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Everyone left me!

Maddie's POV[/u[

He left me. That selfish son of a, ugh! How could he leave me at a party, especially after he'd kissed that girl like that, without even an explanation. I wondered who she was anyway. She would be really beautiful if she didn't throw her self at guys like that. Wait maybe that was his girlfriend. Oh great. He has a girlfriend too. This is just what I needed.

“Maddie,” someone asked, but it wasn't Paul. He sat on my hip munching one of the random finger sandwiches they had on the table. I turned around to see Remy standing there.

“Hi Remy. I'm sorry about the way I acted at the hospital,” I said as she stared at me.

“Are you okay,” she asked worriedly. I looked at her as if she were insane.

“Yeah, couldn't be better.”

“Kegan ran off with Amanda, my brother just made out with Star, and Regan is hitting on your sister. I can't seem to find Lydia, but I'm sure she's some where crying over the scene between Star and Tommy.”

“Kegan is nothing to me,” I lied through my teeth, “I'm just your brother's present so that scene didn't bother me. Regan is more like a best friend than a brother, and it's cute he likes Abby. Lydia will be fine where ever she is.”

“I hope you're right,” she whispered.

“Remy, have I introduced you to Paul.”

“No,” she said excitedly.

“Paulie. This is T.J's sister Remy.”

“Hi,” Paul said as he waved. She smiled and waved back.

“How old are you Paul,” Remy asked as she smiled.

“Six.”

“I'm sixteen, how weird is that he's ten years younger. We started laughing.

“Yeah, that is cool,” I said as we finished. We stood there for a few minutes in silence until a very strange thing happened. Yeah, you guessed it, more boys.

“Hey Remy. How goes it,” a boy who stood at 6 feet said as he walked up to us. He had dark hair with natural light under tones. He had the prettiest gray eyes, his eyes were almost as beautiful as Kegan's. I just stood there as Paul bit his tiny finger nails. He was so strange for a baby.

“Hey, I'm just hanging out with Tommy's birthday present,” she laughed.

“What,” the guy asked in a confused tone. I smiled.

“I think she means me, I'm T.J's present from Mr. Vaara,” I answered.

“Yeah, it's awfully weird that Kivi would give T.J a girl. I mean I know he doesn't like Star, but giving him a person is ridiculous.”

“Tell me about it. I'm sorry you're stuck with T.J. At least you can take of your self though. Remember that poor dog that Kivi gave him about what was it eleven or twelve years ago.”

“Skippy, yeah. Skippy was Tommy's cocker spaniel that Kivi bought him. He was black with a white dot on his forehead. Tommy locked him in the bathroom one day, and two weeks later we started smelling something. Skippy starved to death,” Remy said with a little tear in her eye.

“Bad. T.J,” Paul said as he reached out to give Remy a hug.

“Awe, thank you Paul.” Remy laughed as she hugged him gently. I had to laugh at how cute she was with kids.

“So, um, is he? Um. Is he,” the boy trailed off.

“No, Paul is not my son, he's my little brother. Which I should go find Benny to see where they parked Paul looks ready for a nap.” I laughed as Paul snuggled into my shoulder.

“Well it was nice meeting you, um? Wow I need to get better at questions.”

“Yeah, you do. I'm Maddie, and it was nice to me you too. Even though I didn't get your name either.” I smiled at him.

“I'm T.J's cousin, Nicholas.” He held out a hand for me to shake. I balanced Paul on one arm as I took his hand. He smiled back politely.

“Well I have to go find Benny.”

“See ya Maddie,” they said in unison.

I went on my quest to find my brother first over by the trampoline I'd seen earlier, but nothing, I wondered where Lydia hand gone, until I spotted those glowing red undertones of hers. I walked over to the table to find Benny and her laughing. I smiled as I thought of how cool it would be for my family to get along with them. I could only wonder where Gregory was off to.

“Benny, Paul needs a nap,” I said as I reached their table.

“Awe, can't you find him some place,” Benny pleaded. I groaned.

“No, go take him to the car, and stay with him for like an hour. He'll be okay to run around by then.” Benny let out a small groan.

“Yeah, come on Ben. I could so help you put Paul down for a nap, and we could finish our conversation,” Lydia suggested. Benny totally went for that. I smiled and mouth thank you to Lydia, she just nodded in response. I gave Paul to Lydia, and he curled up to her shoulder. I sighed as they took my Paul away again.

“Now, to find something to do,” I said to my self.

“How about spend a few hours with me,” someone suggested.
♠ ♠ ♠
guys the title doesn't only fit maddie. I realize some of you are
busy and I get that. But how much time does it take to scroll up to the top
of the screen and click comment. then type a little oh I liked this chapter
or even a oh my god you suck in the little comment box then click
the post button,

Thank you never_say-Goodbye for posting a link to my story on your
profile. That means alot to writers especially when they're on here to
see if they have talent :D thanks!