Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Stop him! Well, maybe I can stay?

“Regan, you're his twin can't you read his mind. Stop him! Make him come back,” I said sadly as I watched the dust trail behind Kegan's little red sports car.

“You know I can't do that Maddie. Besides, who knows what's running through his mixed up mind right now.”

“Hey, if he can use mind control why can't you?”

“He can't use mind control.”

“Then why do I love him so much?”

“You what?” Regan's eyes went wide as he stepped away from the window.

“Please Reg, this is important to me. T.J is a great guy, yes, but I don't want him.”

“You can't do this Madeline,” Regan's voice didn't sound friendly any more.

“Please Regan.”

“Get you're new owner to do it,” he hissed at me before leaving the room.

“Great, this can't get any worse.”

“But at least you feel better,” a man's voice filled the room. I groaned before I opened my eyes to look at him. There in the door frame stood a smiling Derek. He was so kind, so nice, and I hated doing this to him and T.J, but I don't care.

“Why did Kegan leave? Why was he here?”

“He was here to check up on you, and he left because well, I don't know why. He was sitting and the next thing I know he said he had to go. Probably his crazy nonsense working it's magic.”

“Derek, I need to find him now,” I said in a helpless voice.

“First you need to see this,” he answered as he motioned for me to follow him.

He didn't wait to see if I was coming, but I assumed he could hear my footsteps. He walked me down the hall into a bright room that I assumed was the kitchen considering there was a dining table with some bowls and glasses on it. He walked past that room and down a different hall way. We walked all the way to the end of the hall, and he pulled out what looked like an old brass key. “Don't be alarmed, and don't me mad. Please, what ever you do, don't pass out alright,” Derek pleaded with me before opening the door. I nodded in response as I stared at the wooden door. “This is what happened after you ran away,” Derek said gently as he pushed the door open. He stepped inside and motioned for me to come in. I gasped at what I saw.

“Kegan did that,” I said in barely a whisper. Derek nodded as he stood over Arizona's broken body. His arms were wrapped tightly in something that looked like it would past for a cast. His leg was elevated, and his face was completely stained with his own blood. He was tied down to the bed, and I wondered why.

“Why is he,” I trailed off as he body suddenly arched upwards.

“He keeps having either nightmares, or pain spasms through the medicine I gave him. We strapped him down so he wouldn't hurt himself. Kegan Managed to break half of his ribs some how, and he broke his nose twice. Kegan claims that Arizona managed to break his own arms and throw his knee out of join, but I believe Kegan did that when Arizona tried to retaliate.”

“He did all that just because,” I trailed off once more.

“Just because Arizona kissed you,” Derek confirmed.

“I need to get to him now.” Derek gave me an all knowing smile as he walked me back to the kitchen.

“Do you want anything to drink or anything.” I shook my head as I looked at him questioningly. “Are you sure. The water is in the other fridge which is in the other kitchen.” He winked at me slightly. I smiled as his words clicked.

“I'd love some water, please.”

“Coming right up,” he smiled and gave me a small hug before leaving me all alone in the kitchen with he door wide open.

“Thank you Derek,” I said into the air, as I hurried towards the door.

Now, if I were a love sick vampire who just lost his love to his friend where would I be? I asked myself as I walked out of the door. I wasn't paying much attention to where I was going, until I tripped, and almost fell face first down the cement steps. An arm reached out to grab me before I could fall though. I turned around to see a very sad, and surprised looking T.J. How he managed to look so sad and surprised is beyond me, but his neon green eyes locked on me as if he was trying to focus on the universe rather than just me.

“What are you doing Maddie,” he asked as confusion swept across his strong features.

“I'm doing what I should have done a long time ago,” I answered as I straightened up so he could let go of my arm and I could take a seat beside him.

“You want to talk about it before you go running off to him first,” he asked in almost a whisper. I felt to bad about this to just leave him there in the wind. He had been kind enough to help me when I was afraid, and to stay with me, all of five minutes, at his party when I didn't know any one.

“Yeah, just for a few minutes,” I answered him in the same tone he used. I sat down slowly beside him. “What's there to talk about T.J?”
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the make or break chapter guys. Two more chapters and then
I think we'll be ready for the sequal. I'll let you know what the titles are
between in the next update.

Unfortunately for everyone (including me) I have to run and study for my
Biology 2 test. I hate being a senior in high school lolz. anyways I might
be back and I might not. but leave me lots of comments and or messages
until I do come back so I'll want to update more, and maybe give a little more
romance too! :)