Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Are they seriously forcing hospitality on me?

Lydia grabbed my hand and dragged me to the end of the long hall. There we found a rot iron winding stair case. She dragged me up two flights of stairs and we started off once again twisting and turning though the old mansion. I had no idea where she had taken me but suddenly we needed the hall lights to see and the hall was painted blood red. It scared me a lot considering this was the more horror movie like thing I had ever seen in my life.

Lydia stopped abruptly causing me to run into her as she knocked on the door. I crashed into her and we both toppled over onto the floor. At least this time I only ended up on my face instead of my butt. “What have I told you about playing with T.J's present,” an angry voice game from above us.

“But dad,” Lydia was cut off before she could finish.

“Do not rough house with Madeline.”

“Sir, we weren't rough housing. I tripped and landed on Lydia that's all. My stupid clumsiness,” I said trying to take the blame. He smiled sweetly and for the second time that day I found myself wishing I was an older woman.

“That's sweet of you, but don't lie to cover up for someone.” Lydia rolled her eyes and got off the floor. I followed suit. She walked back towards the way we came, and Mr. Vaara pulled me into the room.

The small office was nice. It had a couch in one corner and a book shelf in the other. He had a fairly large desk in the middle of the room and two chairs in front of it. In one of the chairs sat a woman. She was tall I could tell from the way she sat in the chair. Her posture was perfect, and her hair was a beautiful luscious dark chocolate color. “Take a seat Madeline.”

“Sir, please call me Maddie. Madeline makes me feel so formal I hate that.” I took the chair beside the woman. She turned her gaze away from the full desk and looked at me. She had the most beautiful gray eyes I had ever seen, and her skin was just as milky as Lydia's. I, again, automatically felt that self-conscious feeling.

“Okay, Maddie. This is my wife Camilla,” he introduced. She smiled a heartbreakingly beautiful smile, and I was in awe.

“Um, hello,” was the only thing I could think to say in her presence. I wished she'd turn that smile off so I could think properly.

“Hello dear. I hope you've been enjoying yourself,” she spoke like an angel. I sighed.

“Thanks, well I've only been here for a few hours.”

“We'll have to try not to get too attached to you. Especially since Kivi insists on giving you to T.J.”

“I have a feeling that you won't get too attacked Mrs. Vaara. I tend to keep to myself around strangers.” She furrowed her brow with worry as if she was thinking hard about something.

“Madeline, we don't want you to think of us as strangers. You are now a family friend,” Mr. Vaara said a bit to sternly.

“Yes, Mr. Vaara.”

“Please call me Kivi, there is no such sense in us being so formal now is there.”

“No, Kivi,” I answered with horrible pronunciation. He cringed slightly.

“Practice makes perfect, I suppose, but what we wanted to tell you is that you are welcome to anything in the house except the basement. That's a private family only thing, you understand.” I nodded as I sat there intently scared to speak again. Were these strangers seriously forcing good hospitality?

“If you need anything dear, anything at all, you be sure and let me know okay,” Mrs. Vaara spoke in that sickeningly sweet voice.

“I will, thank you, Mrs. Vaara.” Kivi gave me a look that said I-told-you-not-to-be-formal, and it reminded me of a parent.

“Sorry, I mean thank you, Camilla.” I must have gotten the name right this time because neither of them made any jesters to suggest I didn't.

“I have some business to finish up, then I'll send someone for you because I am sure Derek is dying to know what T.J's present is like.” Kivi smiled a smile that could only belong to him. I nodded as I stood up and walked to the door.

“I'll help you find your way back Maddie. You'll have to get Lydia to show you around more of the house when she has time,” Camilla said in that voice of hers. I nodded and smiled politely as she got up and walked towards me. “Don't be to long darling, remember we have reservations tonight.” My eyes went wide for a moment but I composed them.

I opened the door and walked out into that dark hallway once again. I looked to my right, then to my left, and finally I looked back at Camilla. She smiled seeing my confusion, and she gladly took the liberty of going to our left. I sighed, thanking the heavens that she had decided to come with me. I couldn't help but let my mind slip into a bit of worry though. They were leaving me all alone in a house full of crazy, sexy boys, and Lydia on my first night here. Something is bound to go wrong, and I can't help but to wonder what, or how bad it could be. “The quickest way back to your room is to follow those stairs,” she pointed to the rot iron winding stairs that Lydia had brought me up, “down a floor and walk all the way to the end of the hall and take another left. Then you go down to the corner and that's your room,” Camilla finished with a sweet smile.

“Thanks Camilla. I just hope I won't be too much of a bother while I'm staying here.”

She smiled and said, “You won't be any trouble at all.” When I turned my back I could have sworn I heard her say something like, “but I hope you won't be either.” I found that oddly strange as I followed her instructions back to my room.

My room was a lot easier to find than I thought it was going to be. I sighed gladly as I walked to the closed door. I wondered what time it was since I hadn't looked at a clock since I arrived. I put my hand gently on the door not before I heard an irritating sound. “Tired of us all ready,” Kegan's voice whispered behind me.

“Oh no, how could I ever tire of you,” I said mockingly as I turned the knob and pushed open the door. I turned before I went into the room to see Kegan standing across the hall from me at his room just staring blankly like he couldn't believe I said that. “What time is it,” I asked suddenly.

A blank expression covered his face as he looked down to his wrist where there was no watch. I sighed. Just my luck he wouldn't know the time. “Try looking at your alarm clock, I'm sure Lid put you one in there,” he said as he motioned to my open door. I nodded and walked away without saying good night or anything. I wasn't really sure if it was night anyway, and I'm in his house why would I say good bye. I looked over to the table by the bed and there in glowing green numbers the clock read 4:30 pm. I groaned. Maybe I should just take a nap, no one would bother me, and besides they'd understand me being so tired right?

I took off my shoes and undid my pony tail letting my long wavy hair flow around my shoulders. I took a seat on my bed, and it was so soft. Nothing had ever felt that soft to me. I sighed as I laid down and it seemed as soon as my head hit the comfy pillow I was dead to the world.

“Madeline. Kivi wants you now. Madeline.” I awoke to banging on the door. I sighed as I sleepily got off the bed and put my flats back on before answering the door. It suddenly felt ice cold in the large house. I threw the door open without bother to let the person on the other side know it was going to be opened which earned me a knock in the forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you guys ready for someone else's point of view?

I hope you enjoyed it. I know it was a little late since I promised
it would be out yesterday but I had stuff to do. Comment and I'll post
more faster.