Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

I thought you liked little smurf!

“Maddie,” Kegan said as he realized he had accidentally knocked on my head instead of the door that last time. He suddenly burst out laughing at the sight of me laying on the floor in a ball holding my head.

“Do you have to knock so hard,” I said now fully awake and with a pounding head no less. He laughed even harder. I let out another one of those groans which I seemed to be doing a lot lately, as I made my way off the floor.

“Ugh! Now my head is throbbing, thanks so much little smurf,” I hissed at him. He took one look at my face and took on a new fit of giggles suddenly. I walked over to the small dresser where a mirror hung on the all. There in the middle of my forehead, where he had hit me, was a very large red mark. “Okay, lets go Kegan, I think I'm ready to see Kivi.” I smirked. His eyes widened.

“Can't we wait just a little while,” I cut him off before he could finish.

“Why, it'll probably just be a huge bruise tomorrow. I bruise very easily you know. It's better us not wait and let it get worse.” His eyes grew very large.

“You are a liar. You do not bruise easily.”

“Call my brother Benny. Ask him what happened to my stomach.” I lifted my shirt just a tiny bit to show him the bruise that Benny left on my abdomen yesterday. Long story short, he made Paul cry, and I hit him, and he hit me back.

“Your brother did that to you,” Kegan asked in shock. I couldn't tell if it was real or not but I didn't really care.

“My father did this,” I said as I pushed back my shirt sleeve to reveal a hand print, “Just this morning.” Again Kegan's eyes grew even wider. We walked into the room and placed a hand over the print on my arm. Something made me not back way from his touch even though it was ice cold. He took his hand away and then looked back to my head. He took his cool hand and placed it there as if he was checking for a fever. My skin tingled under his touch, it was freezing cold, but something about his fingers made it more relaxing than chilling.

“Maybe it'll help the swelling,” he said more to himself than to me.

“I don't know but if you leave your hand there I'm going to need a blanket, and a pillow.” He looked at me questioningly. “You're so cold, and you're making me sleepy,” I answered.

“Sorry, come on. Please tell Dad you like ran into the door by accident when you answered it or something. I really don't feel like a lecture.” For some odd reason, I listened to him this time.

“Yeah sure, come on. The faster I see what he wants the more sleep I can get,” I said tiredly as I dragged my lazy feet across the floor.

“You know he really doesn't like to wait.” Kegan smiled at my laziness.

“Well I'm only here for a week. After that no more waiting.”

“I called you nearly twenty minutes ago,” Kivi hissed. Kegan ended up carrying me up the stairs and down the long hall to Kivi's office. I almost fell asleep on him but then he had to knock on the office door so loud it woke me up.

“I'm sorry sir. I was sleeping and Kegan scared me. I went to answer the door, but being so tired and half awake I accidentally walked into it. Kegan helped me up and brought me here. I'm so sorry sir,” I apologized for the tenth time.

“Okay. This time you are forgiven, but there better not be a next time.” I nodded politely as he spoke. “Now, we are going to call Derek and let him know you have arrived with a bruise on your head might I add.” I looked at Kegan and smiled, I had been right all along. The spot he had knocked on nearly twenty minutes ago was now turning a blueish purple color and it was getting very tender unlike my other bruises that Kivi didn't know about.

“Yes sir,” I said politely as I took a seat in the chair to the right side of his desk. Kegan started to sit next to me, but Kivi shook his head. Instead Kegan walked out of the office, and I was left alone once again with a very beautiful man. Now that I have a close up of Kivi, I can tell he is in his early thirties. At first I thought it was in his twenties.

He picked up the phone that was on his desk and quietly pressed the buttons. I paid no attention as I sat there in the silence. I was about to curl up into a ball and try to sleep in the chair when Kivi's voice scared me. “Hello Derek. My friend it's been so long.” I looked at him and realized he was on the phone. “Yes, I'm calling to let you know that I've got his present. She is gorgeous.” I nearly started laughing at his excitement. I didn't think of my self as pretty and he was working me up to be some kind of model. “Hold on, I'll let her tell you.” He paused and handed me the phone. I looked at him for a moment before taking the phone and looking at it.

I slowly brought the phone to my ear and said, “Hello?”

“Hi, what's your name,” a man asked. He sounded to be around thirty and he seemed overly excited as well.

“Madeline Garver.”

“Very good, we'll call you Maddie. I'm Derek Hanson.”

“Cool, nice to hear you sir.” The man started laughing as if I had told the funniest joke and Kivi looked a bit angry.

“Sorry sir, I mean yes sir,” I said at once after seeing Kivi's face.

“He's glaring isn't he,” Derek said in an annoyed tone. I could hear the frown in his voice.

“Not at all sir.”

“Put him back on.”

“Yes sir.” I handed Kivi the phone and

“No, I am not scaring her,” Kivi said at once. “No she is perfectly fine here. She can't stand Kegan, Regan thinks she is Kegan, and Lydia will get over losing a playmate.” I stared in awe. Was that all I was; someone to hate Kegan, a fake fiancée, and a playmate. “She'll be there Monday just in time for his birthday. Uh huh all right, goodbye.” He hung up the phone and glared at me. I got up out of the chair with my head down not looking at him any more. I had a feeling that if he decided to hit me like my father did then I most likely would not survive.

Kivi stormed out of the room leaving me standing there with my head hung looking like I was a kid and I had done something very wrong. I sighed as I walked out of the room. “Boo,” a voice said from beside me as I walked out of the door and I had to jump at least three feet in the air.

“God you scared me,” I said breathlessly as I looked over to see who it was. There stood the one and only.

“You know I prefer it when you call me Kegan,” he teased my use of the word.

“I thought you liked little smurf better,” I smirked as his face grimaced
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it. haha little smurf idk where that
came from. Oh, Don't forget to leave me comments
they always make me write more. this goes out to
foxfangal14 thanks for the kind words.