Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Kegan's Point Of View!

I grimaced as she called me little smurf again. It was okay the first time because I had seriously hurt her, but now it was just annoying. “No, I prefer Kegan.” I started walking towards the stair cases that led back to the second floor. I heard her start walking behind me and I had to smile at the thought. I know I shouldn't but I can't resist. “First calling me God, now following me. Hm, I wonder what's next.”

“This is the only way I know smurf so deal,” she hissed and I laughed. It was fun annoying her, but I still couldn't believe someone would hit her like that. I wanted to tell father, but I didn't want him to worry while she was here either. I knew having her here would be a problem for all of us.

“Keg, there you are. Lid is looking for Maddie and Zane said something about dinner,” Regan said as I walked down the stairs. Maddie bounded down them after me.

“She was with father, and I don't feel like going out tonight,” I sighed. I knew exactly what he meant when he said dinner. He was making sure Maddie wouldn't guess our little family secret but I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

“Are you sure, you seem kind of out of it,” he retorted. I saw the little glances that flicked between us. He would look at me then quickly to her and back again. He did this repeatedly.

“Yes, I'm going to go crawl into my bed and basically die!” He knew I was serious by that statement. When we rest, we die. We go into a deep sleep when then sun touches our skin, and we die. Without the sun we have been known to have faint heart beats, or so I've been told.

“Okay, have a good rest. We'll be home later, hopefully before mom and dad.” I nodded as I headed across the hall from her room. “See you later little bro.” Regan winced and I laughed.

“God you two are weird,” Maddie said from her door. I had forgotten she was there. “Stop staring Kegan,” she hissed. I laughed once again.

“See ya Maddie.”

“Bye Reg.” And with that she walked into her room.

I could hear every sound she made. The sound of her getting undressed and redressed into something more comfortable. The sound of her body sliding under the blankets on her bed. The sound of her fluttering eye lids. The sound of her heart rapidly beating against her chest. I grew tired of listening to her try to hum herself to sleep. I walked down the hall towards the movie room. I love the huge screen and the selection of movies. I picked a random horror movie. I wasn't really interested in the movie only drowning out that intoxicating sound. The sound of her heart.

Even the horrified girl's screams wouldn't drowned out that sound. It was addicting, intoxicating, and I found myself always wanting more. I couldn't stand hearing it. I would just think it was the pains of hunger getting to me, but this was different. I heard her heart before she pulled up to our house. I had heard her heart beat through the telephone as James announced she'd be here. I hated that sound, and it would drive me crazy. I listened as the credits on the movie slowly scrolled down the screen. Her heart was now beating to a rhythm of sleep.

I had decided to go to my room and try to sleep a little when I heard the door slam open. I'm sure it was father. He seemed overly angry at Madeline, but she didn't do anything wrong. “I can't believe that ungrateful brat telling my friend things like that,” his voice hissed. She said nothing wrong, I thought as I replayed the conversation over in my head.

“Father,” I said in a normal tone, but I was positive he heard me. Within seconds he was standing there in front of me.

“What happened,” he growled.

“I know you don't like her sir, but maybe we shouldn't give her to T.J. I know how he can be a little rough with his pets and personally, she can't take that.” His eyes widened.

“Why do you say that Kegan.”

“Because father she has been abused. Her father's hand print is on her upper arm, and her brother left a huge bruise on her stomach.” Again his eyes grew wide.

Maybe I shouldn't have told him. Maybe I should have let her go without warning, but something inside me told me I needed to help this girl. She has no one, maybe all she needs is a real friend. Then again, I can't be a friend to her. I'm not the right type of person. Maybe Regan or Jeremy or even Zane for that matter would be a better friend than me. Something deep down told me by the end of the week she was going to be clinging to Lydia's side though. And that thought is the one that made me smile.

“I have to make some phone calls, if we give her to T.J then she'll be late. Until then, you need your sleep stop worrying over this Kegan. Tomorrow part of you future begins.”

I sighed, yeah with some girl I don't even know. Could life get anymore dramatic? Could my life get anymore insane. For Christ's sake, I'm a vampire who can't get the thumping of that human heart out of my head. I nodded to my father and took my place in my room across the hall from hers. I slowly drifted in and out of a restless sleep as I listened to the rhythm of her heart beating.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed kegan's thoughts.

I now have 22 readers and 10 subscriptions. It'd be nice to
have more comments now :) Actually I'd love to know who
my subscribers are. I think I've heard from maybe 5 of you so
come on who are the mysteries!

Adios. Be good my loverly readers and Thank you for reading.