Just to Keep You Close

(Chapter nine) I thought I hated christmas but now

-Emily’s point of view-

“BROOKE!” I yelled as she oped the door. She pulled me into a hug. God I had missed her. But kinda Dougie more. I meen I was the girlfriend of Dougie Poynter. Not that we could tell anyone.
“God hey Ems. We need some help. Tom is no good at party deco.” Brooke laughed slowly as she dragged me into the house. After the decorations were up we went up to Brookes room to get changed, I pulled on a electric blue dress with my leopard print shoes amd walked into the bathroom only to find Dougie.
“Hey sexy.” He whipered into my ear. I could smell the tinge of beer in his mouth as he kissed me. I kissed him back and shoved him out the bathroom, a few minutes later I walked back into Brookes room and she twirled round in a black 60’s cocktail dress.
“OMG its so pretty Brooke!” I explained giving her a hug.

Me and Brooke walked down the stairs laughing as we saw Tom running out the kitchen and straight into us.
“Hey Tom.” I smiled before exploding out into laughter.
“Hey! Its not funny.” He replied giving me a gentle shove.
“Oh ok. So when is everyone coming?” I asked following him back into the kitchen to see what he had burnt.
“In about an hour. Brooke are anymore of your friends coming?” He asked turning from me to Brooke.
“Nope. Anna couldn’t come, Toby had some family party and Matt is still on holiday.” She replied.
“Good.”

(I’mma gonna skip to later in the party just before midnight kay?)

“Ems go find Dougie, he needs to be here for the countdown.” Brooke yelled in my ear over the music, I nodded and pushed my way over to the door. I hadn’t seen Dougie for ages. But hey it was new year he was most likely playing Halo.
I slowly walked up the stairs and looked into empty rooms filled with coats, I stopped in my room to check my hair and make-up. Bright as a tomato, Great. I walked towards the end bedroom hearing moans. My heart was banging up against my rib cage. Then I heard it.
“Oh Dougie.”
I ran towards the room swinging open the door. Dougies head turned around. He saw my pain filled eyes and tried to stand up but I walked over to him pushing him down.
“Don’t bother.” I whispered trying not to break into sobs then and there. I swung around and walked out of the room.
“Have some more fun.” I spat before running down the stairs and out into the street. The first drops of rain were beginning to fall on my head, I looked up and there was fireworks.
“Happy new year.” I mumbled to myself letting my legs buckle under me. My body his the growing damp floor and my tears mingled with the rain.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Cries*
Poor Ems.