Just to Keep You Close

(chapter 13) THE END

(Ok so it is the beginning of the new school year. And guess what. We are in DOUGIE’s POV.)

The phone rang and I jumped up to get it from my chair.
“Why so keen Doug?” Danny smirked, I just hit him over the head and picked up the phone.
“Hey Doug.”
“Hey Brooke….Why are you calling?”
“I used my powers of deductions. I’m guessing all the guys there.”
“Yep.”
“Then bloody put me on speaker phone then, dimwit.” I rolled my eyes and put the phone on.
“Ok, guys Hi its Brooke. When was the last time any of you saw Ems?”
We all looked at each other then asked. “Why?”
“Because she hasn’t turned up at school. And we think maybe her Dad found out she was going to Guildhall.”
“Oh.” I said quitely, her dad was an ass. No lying needed. I had seen the bruises he had given her.

-flashback-

“Ems, whats that on you tummy.” Danny asked as Ems walked into our indoor beach party, at the beging of spring.
“Oh I just fell down the stairs.” She lied. We could all tell.
“Really?” Tom asked raising his eyebrows.
“Look, just leave it.” Not that we could, the bruises were all over her tummy.

-end flashback-

He thought Ems was at some posh boarding school in London. Correct anwser nope. What if he had found out. What if he found out about me and her. Her and. Toby.
“So, why did you guys last see her?!?!? Cause, I’m kinda freaking out here!?!? ” She yelled down the phone. I thought back to the last time I had seen Ems.

-flashback-

“Look Dougie, we shouldn’t of done this.” She cried tears falling quickly down her cheeks.
“Look we love each other don’t we.” I replied wiping her tears away
“I have a boyfriend!” She yelled back at me.
“look, don’t cry Ems. I..I love you.” I started.
“We shouldn’t of slept together!” She yelled stopping me.
“And I really want you, and that message isn’t getting through.” I finished.
“I…..can’t do this Dougie.” She said a sad smile on her lips coming over towards me and wrapping her arms around me, hugging me.
“Why not.” I replied trying not to let my tears fall.
“Because.” She said softly. “I love you.” She let her arms fall to her sides. “And I can’t let you have my heart again.”

-end flashback-

“Umm, must have been, her birthday.” I replied slowly. The guys all nodded.
“GUYS?” They all looked up and laughed.
“She can’t see nodding heads.” Tom laughed carring on saying. “We all saw her last at her birthday party.
“I could drive up to her place and see, if you want?”
“Really! Great! BYE!”
We laughed and I grabed Tom’s carkeys and walked out of my flat and jumped into his red mini.

I knock, and scuffed my trainer on the doorstep waiting for the door to open.
“Hello?” An old lady greeted me.
“Oh, um is the Davis family in?”
“Oh, sorry dear. We had a house swap.”
“Really! Why, because she was ment to be going back to school today.?” I replied a little hurt that she hadn’t told any of us.
“If you want the real gossip, her daddy took her away because. She got pregnant.”
“She. Got. Pregnant.?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is THE END. Unless I do a follow up. But I loved it while it lasted.I know you love me for leaving it there.

xD