Just to Keep You Close

(Chapter eight) I hate christmas.

(Ok so its like now Christmas time. Kay. xD)

“Look Brooke I’ll see you in like 10 days time.” Emily smiled hugging Brooke before stepping onto the train. Laughing at Brookes suggestion to text her every second Emily replied,
“You’ll be lucky.” The train slowly started to move and Emily gave one last wave from the window before sitting down in her seat pulling out her MP3 and book plugging in the earphones. About 3 hours later she was stepping off the platform getting pulled into a hug, which was quite incomfortable with her bag crushing into her ribs.
“Mum, you’re hurting me.” She yelped pulling out of the hug.
“Oh look at you darling. You look so much more like a drama school child every time I see you.”
“Oh gees, thanks Mum.” She replied sighing walking with her mother out of the station and into her small little blue KA.
“Dad coming home for Christmas.” She asked hopeful that his work would keep him in America.
“Yes but only after you go to Brookes for new year. So your safe.” She replied shortly then not saying anything until they reached the house. Emily sighed peacefully as she stepped up to the house. Her brother flung open the door grabbing Emilys bag and running off into the house.
“IMMA GONNA GET YOU BRENDON” She yelled following him. He was exsited. It was Christmas eve.

“WAKE UP EMS!” Her brother yelled jumping onto top of her. She blinked slightly before turning to the clock. 7:30. She sighed but pulled her self out of her bed and pulled on a pair of comfy short over her boxers and a hoodie over her pj top.
“Come on then.” She replied running as fast as she could down the stairs and straight into her father.
“Dad.” She replied in a breath, she tried to pull away but he had already grabbed her. He slung her into a wall before walking into the kitchen and straight to the beer.
“Typical.” She sighed standing up and rubbing her head. Beofre turning back into the living room where the rest of her family were blistfully unawere of what just happened.