When I Go Out I Want To Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire

Chapter Nine – You have no Idea what you’re up aga

Chapter Nine – You have no Idea what you’re up against

It was about nine as I banged on the front door,
“Oh hey dear it’s a bit late,” Mrs. Wentz looked down at me as I cry realising tears ran down my face she beckoned me in “What’s the matter?” I weakly shook my head “he’s upstairs dear go on up.” she watched as I began to climb the stairs still in tears.
“Hey Chris, oh what’s happened is…” Pete quickly stood up from where he had lay across his bed and came over holding me as I sobbed. “Your mom?”
“They think she won’t make it through the night. You should have seen her coz I couldn’t to many wires.” I weakly tried to make a joke of a matter that terrified me. He held me tight to his chest as I sobbed.
“It’ll be okay come on she’ll be fine”, I pulled away from his embrace and looked at him
“Do you really think that?” he nodded
“Yes I do.” he said. There was a light tap at the door as his mom gave in with a weak smile pulled across her face, one thing that had always struck me about the entire of his family was how pale skinned they all were.
“Hey, how are you feeling?” she said looking at me; I smiled back as she passed me a cup of warm cocoa. “Just thought I’d bring you up a drink,” Pete thanked his mom and she went again, I sat completely silent staring at the floor.
“Where’s Bob?” as if breaking from a daze I looked up to Peter.
“Huh... oh hospital I’m gathering I sort of freaked and came here...” then looking back to the floor I whispered “I hope you don’t mind,” I had said it so quietly that I had barely heard myself say it but he had seemed to hear it load and clearly as he once again hugged me whispering, that it was no problem at all.”
“Do you want to crash here save you from having to go back home.” I gave a weak nod “Okay, I’ll be right back,” As Pete left pulling the door to behind him it bounces back leaving it still partially open. Sitting there I caught shards of the conversation.
“You know the situation.”
“I can’t…”
“How can you be so sure it’s nearly your time anyway.”
“Mom!”
“Any issues you can deal with yourself then.”

When he finally returned, he smiled and nodded no words said at all and once again sat opposite me on his bed.
“If it’s any problem I’ll go.” I shyly looked up to him he shook his head sternly saying No.
“I would never forgive myself knowing that you’re this upset and I let you walk away.” I looked at him studying his body language for a while, he never broke eye contact and slowly a smile broke across my face a genuine smile.
“It’s nice to see you smile again, now I have a film and some cool news.” he beamed at me, sitting still I watched as he pressed play on his DVD player and began to chat about he and the guys had got a place and they were moving their shit later. Watching some random film I slowly drifted off to sleep leaning against his shoulders.

“Chris…” A consent whispering of my name brought me back from my sweet dream that had contained no pain.
“Fuck you!” I mumbled holding my eyes tight shut, there was a sudden feeling as something brushed lightly against my lips and my eyes opened quickly, I found my self face to face with Pete.
“Glad to see you’re awake,” Pete smiled innocently at me, staring dumbstruck at him he leaned in place his lips against mine harder than before. The kiss deepened as he opened his mouth slightly opening mine with his and our tongues collided into one another’s. My heart pounded heavily in my chest even though the last time something like this had happened between us was a few years ago, I still wanted him. Manoeuvring himself his chest pressed tightly against mine once again the kiss deepened more. Pete bit down on my lip as he pulled away knowing that it was cause me to moan lightly. Looking down at me he smiled placing his lips gently against mine and trailing kisses along my jaw line and down my neck, and back up again. Once again pulling away he looked at me smiling.
“I really like you Chris, still.” our lips got pressed tightly together. “Be mine?”
Rather than respond with words I leaned upwards pressing my lips tight against his.