When I Go Out I Want To Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire

Chapter Eleven – Red Eyeliner Never Runs

“I need to fix my eyeliner now,” I mumbled, taking my hand and lacing our fingers Pete lead me out of the room and to a bathroom.
“I got eyeliner with me,” he said as he rummaged in his pockets for it. He took out the short stump of an eyeliner pencil he had remaining I wiped the rest of mine off and reapplied the thick line. Turning to Pete he smiled and placed his lips on mine.
“I have to say babe your coping better than anyone else, your bro told my mum earlier if your wondering how I know.” I gave a weak nod as we laced our fingers together again and walked back to the front room.

“Sorry bout your mom,” They all droned out I gave a small nod then sat down next to Pete.
“Time for a film I think." he said putting on The Nightmare Before Christmas.
“We always watch this,” I moan as the other guys shake their heads and get up to go
“Were going to go out don’t know when we’ll be back catch you later guy’s.” Andy mumbled as they walked out.
I looked up at Petes face and his girlish smile watching the film, he looked down at me and kissed me lightly on the lips. He pulled away slightly and then kissed me again before deepening the kiss into a make out session. Placing his hands on my waistline he pulled me over so I sat straddling him, still kissing. We pulled apart Pete ran his hands down my sides as he smiled at me
“Are you okay?” I pulled a lopsided smiled and nodded weakly, my hair falling over my face. He brushed it behind my ear putting his hand on my cheek he kissed me lightly again. I stood up my back away from him I didn’t feel like a strong person. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and a kiss slightly on the back of my neck. Slowly he left me and walked into the kitchen, I slowly followed him.
“eww what’s that,” I motioned to the peculiar looking liquid Pete drank.
“Just something I drink.” I pulled a face sticking my tongue outing disgust, he laughed and walked over towards me. Scrunching my nose up at the smell of a single ingredient I muttered
“Is that garlic?” he nodded
“I love the stuff.” I scrunched my nose up again. That’s gross yuck garlic
“I’m not kissing you.” I muttered he smiled at me; I walked out sitting down where the film was still playing. ‘Damn he’s weird’, I thought to myself as he sat next to me wrapping his arm around my shoulders. It didn’t take long and I drifted off to sleep, with a set of arms holding me tight.

When I woke, it was still dark and properly very earlier in the morning, I shifted about a bit and realised I still lay leaned up against Pete, he groaned as I disturbed his sleep.
“Fuck off boys!” he mumbled as his eyes flickered, he saw me squinted a few time then opened his eyes and smiled at me. “Hey, do you want to go upstairs.” he mumbled as he rubbed his eyes. Then he taking my hand our fingers laced together we headed to bed.

I had a gut feeling that said something was wrong, not wrong like it had suddenly changed but had always been wrong and I knew it but didn’t want to believe it.