When I Go Out I Want To Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire

Chapter Twenty - A City of Evil

“I’m Frankie!” he beamed; it shocked me how cheery he was, or appeared at least.
“oh okay, umm I have to go now say bye for me.” I quickly hung up I had a feeling that he wasn’t going to give the phone back to my bro and I doubted that I would get out of conversations anytime soon.

I looked at myself in the mirror glancing down my slender frame, and my choice of clothing that oh so famous Halloween costume. I quickly began to put my eyeliner in thick dark lines around my eyes framing them beautifully. My pale blue eyes looked even creepier like that, so pale that they were almost grey they had a stare of 1000 yards. Or that was what I was once told. Like the dark prince himself but without the crunchy ant thing was the old joke.
Giving myself one last look over I walked towards the door.
Okay so I may not have agreed to go out with them but I didn’t exactly make a mental note not to go out at all. I wanted to hate Pete I felt like I had lost my humanity… whatever that is, I wasn’t human anymore.

The stench of sweat hung thick in the air, making my stomach turn and twist. My senses seemed amazingly intoned with every living thing. People surrounded me grinding up against each other or making out, I slowly made my way through the crowd to the bar.
Vodka shots disappeared quickly, yet I still couldn’t block out that sickly feeling of smelling and hearing humans… stupid things like hearts racing.
That stench still twisted my stomach. People tried talking to me and my ignorance of feeling different stopped any response.
Rising I made a heading for the exit.

Acid burned my insides as the air outside struck me like a cold knife. My head pounding with pain and eyes slightly blurred I looked down the street to were a figure stopped walking and stared my way.
Without ever having to see him face I knew who it was, and as he turned to walk the opposite direction his eyes glinted in the dim light.