When I Go Out I Want To Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire

Chapter Twenty- four – Bad Mistake Written All Ove

Chapter Twenty- four – Bad Mistake Written All Over Your Face

“Peter.” I muttered as I watched him and solely him, he wore that oh so infamous cheeky grin across his face. The one you only really expect to see on your best mate right before they say “I just got laid,” or something like that, but yet he always wore it.

Absent-minded I smiled as I watched him, entranced. His smile grew as he saw Katie who had moved forward to hug him and the rest of the guys… mostly Joe. His glance shifted to me as his smile dropped, my gaze immediately fell to the floor.
A dirty reddish brown carpet cover the floor, covered in scattered pieces of rubbish.

Quickly as always everyone was engaged into conversation; I listened, but one voice unlike normally hardly sounded out against all other noises. Hardly ever did I hear Pete say anything.
An echoing began to ring out in my head like it had done in that street before, I quickly pulled my hood up over my head, it was like a shield for me I felt safe, and for a moment invisible. Peering under the hem of my hood, we caught eye-contact, like time slowing.

It felt like I stared into those hazel eyes for hours yet it was only moments, moments to little. Neither of us looked away first. As much as I hate admitting it to myself I had once again got that warming feeling wash over me, I felt alive as alive as every and high on life… or only in his eyes that was.
Sighing, I quickly scuttled to the other side of the room… I really wish, nah I can’t even say it? I picked up another bottle of brightly, cheerily coloured liquid…
“Maybe if I drink enough I can be happy to.” I muttered quietly under my breath as I began to walk out into the crowd still looking at the bottle in hand.

I tripped up as a sharp pain shot through the back of my leg, I could feel myself falling and managed to stable myself… one knee on the fool, pain burning sharply through my body.
“Ha you fucker.” A voice somewhere muttered… nobody noticed I swear.
Tears fell faster from my eyes I just couldn’t contain it anymore… I’m breaking apart.
Quickly I stumbled away to a small bathroom… for a house party there wasn’t even a line… wow.

I found myself leaning with my head on the cold ceramics of the sink whilst I sat on the edge of the bath. Tears began to slow…
“what am I doing?” I murmured to my self… wasn’t talking to yourself a sign of madness, Frankly I really didn’t care even if I was mad because at least I could hold a civil conversation without arguments.

Taking my head from the sink I looked over to the door where the handle gradually began to move. I stood leaning against the sink, my nails dragging along the pink cold surface of the sinks bowl as the door opened

“Peter!”