When I Go Out I Want To Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire

Chapter Twenty-Six - Well what’s the problem?

Well what’s the problem?

Maybe a week passed and things were as they once where… within reason.
I still cant quite understand why it upset me so that I changed so much, and changing I have done… my appearance which gradually had become ‘darker’ was really nothing but my attitude did change.
I found myself becoming more repressive towards those people, who weren’t my friends, not that I had ever not exactly been so towards them. Yet on a more peculiar note I found myself wanting to be more sociable with my friends.

“Whatt! That’s not even slightly fair!” I wined whislt we all sat gathered in the guys front room.
“Well that’s just the way it is, your perfectly normal its “mutation”” Patrick mumbled doing the whole twitch fingers action as he spoke… an action I never did quite understand.
“I was looking forward to being the living dead not some X-men freak.” I rocked back and forth as I sat crossed legged on the floor.
“You’re a douche-bag,” Joe grinned as he shoved me lightly causing me to tip sideways, the guys laughing as I just remained to lay on my side with my legs still crossed…

Maybe I am…
Whatever that’s supposed to mean.
‘Pftt’ who cares anyway.

I beamed a smile across the room like a small child as Pete walked into the room with one of his infamous cheeky grins playing at his lips. Passing out bottles of beer he sat behind me in the empty chair I lent against. From where I sat I was able to lean backwards to see his grinning face looking down on me...
“You look stupid like that,” I giggled as I sipped at the fresh bottle.
Patrick seemed to be laughing to himself across the room and the others conversed.
Everything seemed to back and at that singular thought I couldn’t help but let a smile travel across my lips.

A ringing filled the room as the doorbell sounded.