When I Go Out I Want To Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire

Chapter Eight – Just Nineteen (later a year or so)

“wake up motherfucker!” I opened one eye avoiding the light that shone into my room, My brother stood in my door way, walking in he looked about the shelves “where’s your guitar tuner then?” over there I muttered throwing my head back into the pillow and pointing to the case my guitar stood it. It took a few moments for my brain to switch on but when it did I shot back up and looked at Bob, he smiled at me.
“What the fuck are you doing back I thought you were travelling the world with famous people,” laughing Bob shook his head and picked up the tuner.
I jumped out of bed pulling on some jeans and walking slowly down stairs I helped myself to some coffee, Bob sat at the Kitchen table drinking coffee which hello was my plan.
“Chris what you up to later sis?” I looked up from my coffee making to where Bob sat holding a small smile across his lips. I shrugged smiling back at him,. He looked down to his coffee.
“Okay then your hanging out with me!” I pulled a disgusted look, he laughed at my usual stupidity “It was your nineteenth the other day and I missed your last birthday too,” Bob stood up and hugged me. Giggling I responded
“I loves you to Bobbert,” and hugged him back.
“So how is being Nineteen?” I shrugged again finishing off my coffee
“You already know, how’s twenty-one?”. he smiled and shrugged sitting back down.
“oh yeah mom said before she went to work to make sure you didn’t waste your money like last time,” I frowned
“I didn’t waste it I brought skittle and lost of ‘em.” Bob looked at me sternly for a moment then erupted into laughter, running a hand through his short blonde hair.
“How does ice-cream sound?” I smiled and nodded as he pulled on his jacket looking at the clear blue sky visible through the kitchen window.

As pure usual it didn’t take long for us to come across the guys. Katie hung nicely to Joe and Pete was wearing a hoodie pulled high up covering his face, In the past year this was a sight I was used to seeing regularly.
“Hey!” each muttered as they approached not quite in unison, Katie stepped up giving me a hug as did Patrick and Pete.
“What you guys up to, Bob and me are going for icy-cream,” Bob stood silently besides me, well less of the besides and more of a few meters away.
“Ice-cream sounds good.” Andy smiled then looked towards Bob as we all did.
“Mind if we tag along then?” Joe asked, I glanced over to bob who gave a weak smile and nodded muttering ‘sure’
Loading my spoon I flicked it at Patrick who sat innocently opposite me catching him in the eye, everyone erupted into laughter as he wiped it from his eye me screechning
“Eat that Patty.”
“God you lot are about as crazy as the guys in the tour-buses.” Bob laughed as we commence our food fight over the table. Suddenly everyone went quite as Bob’s cell phone rang out; turning to look at him he out it down his face turned a deadly white colour.
“That was the hospital. Mom’s just been in a car accident they say it’s quite serious.”