Status: Completed

Growing Pains

Sucker Love

Desperately in need of a toilet, Aubrey pursed her lips together and scanned around the crowded airport. She took in a deep breath and let it slowly out, following the orders of what her midwife had told her to do if she was moments before ready to freak out. Aubrey rubbed her soft hand over her stomach and began to make use of her pregnancy and waddle through the sea of people.

"Excuse me," Aubrey's quiet voice attempted to overcome the humming of the louder groups. She gave up trying to be polite and glanced at the large family that was in her way. "Move!" she shouted. Like a group of clones, their heads all turned to Aubrey in sync. She smiled kindly before pushing passed them all and coming out into a breath of fresh air.

Aubrey had seemed to have forgot what her intentions of actually trying to maneuver through the people were, when she arrived next to a larger group of people. Being pregnant and stuck in an airport wasn't a key point she wanted to ever highlight when looking back on her life.

Noticing she had completely blocked out any human contact, Aubrey fixed her sight on the woman who was snapping her fingers in her face. She found it rather rude but realized the elderly woman was only trying to help her.

"Are you lost, dear?" the woman asked. Aubrey kind of shrugged as an answer and followed the woman through a path she had created. "Can I help you in anyway?" It was extremely thoughtful of the woman but Aubrey didn't in anyway need help. And she certainly didn't need help from anyone old. Aubrey shook her head and made her way toward the toilet, now realizing that was what she had firstly aimed for.

She had no problem with getting into the woman's bathroom, but what she did have trouble with, was finding an appropriate toilet to use. They all seemed too small for Aubrey to even fit in, so she improvised. Leaving the woman's bathroom seconds before she even entered, she moved into the Handicapped bathroom. After all, she did consider herself somewhat more challenged than the average pregnant woman.

Once done, Aubrey let out a sigh of relief. She continued to now waddle back to her previous position in the airport, in hopes that she hadn't already missed the arrival. This time she didn't find any obstacles in her way of making it back to Gate 13 within two short minutes.

Not bothering to sit down again this time, Aubrey stood resting up against the wall closest to where she imagined he would arrive from. She twiddled her thumbs and thought about what she was going to say to him. It had been longer than six months when she last saw him, and it was all beginning to come back to her. She could now remember walking through the doors of the prison as if it were yesterday.

At a time like this, thinking about October 13th 2009 was the last thing she wanted on her mind. Today was supposed to be a fresh start for the both of them, and that's exactly what she was going to make of it.

Aubrey pulled her compact from her bag and began to rub a light shade of red lipstick over her lips. She rubbed her lips together, and placed her compact away into her bag. Aubrey took another glance up at the arrivals screen and scanned for the city name of her choice. A flashing word which clearly read delayed caught her attention first, and it just so happened to be from the city she was waiting for.

"Waiting for someone special?" a young man asked. Aubrey took her attention away from the arrival board and turned to look at the man standing behind her.

Noticing him within seconds, a smile began to tug at the corner of his lips. She ignored the signs of him about to speak and attacked his lips with her own. The passion and warmth where her lips had landed bought them a little closer together.

Aubrey pulled away and sighed with joy. "God," she mumbled. It was all she needed to say before his eyes flickered with emotion. Nothing of the past was going to be said on this occasion. They were both filled to the brim with happiness that it would only ruin the chances of either forgetting.

No suitcase or belongings were needed to be collected, which only meant that they could immediately vacate the airport and head straight home. Aubrey held onto his hand tightly, fearful of maybe losing her husband again. But this time it was different, he held onto her hand even tighter. They stayed silent until they finally reached Aubrey's car, where she unlocked the passengers door then walked around to the drivers'.

"Brie, what are you doing?" he asked, concern in his voice and face. Aubrey laughed softly and wrapped her arms around the waist of her husband. Judging by the warmth in which she did so, his stress levels began to descend into a downward spiral to his normal tone. Aubrey smiled into his chest and looked up into his beautiful eyes. "I missed you," he told her, compassion somewhat lingering.

"I missed you too," Aubrey admitted. She stayed quiet for a moment, wanting the feeling she got from being in his arms to last a little longer. She couldn't explain to him what it had been like without him. She was scared; scared he wouldn't come back to her, or his baby. "It's been so hard without you," she whispered.

He let out a deep sigh. He couldn't imagine how she felt, and he didn't want to. The pain he supposed she had been through each day when she woke up and still he wasn't there. "I'm here now, baby." Taking Aubrey by the shoulders he looked into her eyes and smiled. "I'm back for good," he stated. "For you, and the baby."

"Do you really mean it this time?"

He looked at her, a little shocked from the comment. He knew he had it coming, but he hoped maybe she would save it for when they had moved forward a little. Aubrey ignored her own question and moved around to the driver's seat. "No," he said. "You can't drive," Aubrey hoped that he had maybe been answering her question and this time telling the truth. She walked back around to the passengers seat and managed to lunged herself in with help from her husband.

"Zack..." she trailed. He laid his hand on her thigh and began to rub her leg soothingly. "I love you."

"I love you too, Brie."