The Confusing and Twisted Love Life of Skye Silver

A Twist in the Road

Skye's P.O.V. (Point of View)

I woke up the next morning with a hangover, which never meant well. I tried to remember last night's events, which was harder than you know. I remember me and Derek leaving Courtney and Connor at dinner, we went to a bar not far from the resturant and got drunk then---oh crap.

I jumped up, quickly grabbing the sheets to cover my body. I looked down to see a still sleeping Derek, who was also shirtless. My life had just gotten better.

"Dammit!" I said, running a hand though my bedhead hair. Derek woke up, groaning as the bright light hit his eyes.

"Do you curse every morning or am I just lucky?" he asked, putting his head under his pillow. He must have a hangover too because he seemed more annoyed than usual.

"Agh, what happened last night?" I asked, praying that it wasn't what I was thinking. Derek groaned and sat up, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm not sure..." he said, trailing off. I raised an eyebrow at him, curious of why he had suddenly stopped talking for once in his life.

"What?" I finally asked, curiousity getting the better of me. His jaw had dropped and he was trying to recall last night.

"Promise you won't hit me," he said, nervously. Now I was mad, what was it?!

"I promise, now what was it," I said, rolling my eyes. He reached over and grabbed my left hand, putting it right in front of my face.

"What the hell does this have to do with my hand?" I asked but as I looked closely I realized that something was wrong.

"No way," I said, shaking my head.

"How drunk were we?" Derek asked, sticking his head under his pillow

"Wait," I said, my voice low. "We are married?!"

"Well, you now have a ring on your left hand, we got drunk last night, slept together plus there is a marriage certificate on the side table," Derek said, not coming out from under the pillow.

"This is just the cherry on top! I'm now married to you!" I said, throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Oh, like it's a ray of sunshine being married to you, princess," he said, his voice muffled by the pillow.

"Oh shit," I said, jumping out of bed, the sheet still around my body. "What time is it?"

"About four o'clock in the afternoon?" Derek asked, pulling his head out from under the pillow. "Why?"

"Courtney and Connor have their engagment dinner with the families today and we are suppose to go, remember?" I said, searching for my clothes. I was at Derek's apartment so I didn't have any clothes to wear and I didn't want to be yelled at by Courtney by not looking fancy enough.

"Damn," Derek said, getting out of bed too, pulling on his boxers. "You have nothing to wear."

"Way to observe," I said, rolling my eyes.

He scoffed. "Come on, we'll stop by your place on the way."

*

We arrived at my apartment with a little over two hours to meet up with Courtney and Connor. We walked up to my apartment and went in, I threatened to kill Derek if he left the living room, but he promised he'd stay there. He looked good in black dress pants, a white button down with the sleeves rolled up and his blond hair messy.

I run into the bathroom and took a quick shower, trying to wash off Derek's scent that had been clinging to me ever since this morning with no such luck. I turned the shower off and wrapped a towel around my body before going back to the living room.

"I didn't leave the room," Derek said, putting his hands up in the air, as if to surrender. I rolled my eyes and walked into my bedroom, quickly slipping on underwear and a bra so at least I wasn't naked. I searched my cloest for an idea of what to wear, when I realized the dress I wanted to wear was in the landury room. I ran out of my bedroom, totally forgetting that Derek was in the other room.

"At least that's something to look forward to while we are married," Derek said, grinning. I felt myself blush and didn't realize that Derek had thrown a jacket at me.

"Ow! What was that for?" I demanded.

He rolled his eyes. "For you to put on? Unless you want to prance around in your underwear."

I blushed again. "Oh, sorry." I grabbed my dress from the landury room before going back into my room to change. I slide it on and grabbed a pair of black heels and pulled those on too. I left my hair down and added some light make-up.

"You look nice," Derek commented as I entered the living room.

"Thank you," I replied, grabbing my purse. We walked out to his car and got in, beginning our long and painful day.

"Nice tattoo by the way," Derek said as we were about half way there.

"Shut up," I said, but blushing none the less. We arrived at this ballroom place; I could see Courtney and Connor standing out front, waiting for us.

"Lets get this over with," Derek muttered under his breath. We got out of the car and heard Courtney yelling at us to get over there quickly.

"There you are! I've been calling you forever!" Courtney said, giving me a bone-crashing hug.

"Oh, sorry I forgot my phone at work," I lied, attempting to return the hug. She pulled away and smiled at me, but something caught her attention.

"What is that?" she asked, grabbing my hand. Oh no.

"What's what?" I asked, playing dumd. I could hear Derek curse under his breath as he slide his hand into his pocket but it didn't go un-noticed by Courtney. She grabbed his hand as well and held them both up.

"Oh. My. God," she said, her jaw dropping. Derek muttered something under his breath that I'm not going to repeat before Courtney shreiked.

"You two are married?!"

(Skye's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/skyedinner/set?id=9145746 )
(Derek's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/derekdinner/set?id=9145839 )
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha! A twist in the story! I'm one for the dramatics---ask my friends! Comment and Subcribe?