The Confusing and Twisted Love Life of Skye Silver

Damn that Spoon

Skye's P.O.V.

It has been two days, eleven hours, and five minutes since I stormed out of the restuarant. Since then, I haven't left the house except going to buy more Ben&Jerry's Ice Cream and renting movies.

Some might call that pathetic but could you blame me? I was actually beginning to think that Derek was a decent person, until he goes and flirts with other girls, he is married, after all. Not that I want to be married to him, but he was a distraction and a hell of one too. I guess I just liked feeling, I dunno, special. I mean, I was married to the richest (and hottest) man in New York. Call me crazy but that was something to brag about.

The worst part about this whole thing? That son of a bitch didn't even try to come by and apologize, not that I'd listen but it would be nice to know that he feels sorry. I don't know why men think that if a girl runs off, she doesn't want to be followed. Derek might be rich and funny and handsome, but he is not very smart.

Tonight was just another pathetic night. I was sitting in my PJs, not even borthering changing, while I watched Van Helsing while eating Ben&Jerry's Brownie Batter ice cream. Oh yeah, attractive. Although, I assumed it was better than yesterday, where I had sat on the sofa drinking glass after glass of wine while watching The Notebook, Batman Returns, and Hairspray while sobbing.

I was about half way though the movie, currently preparing myself for the bloody battle that was about to take place, when a knock on my door caused me to nearly have a heart attack. I groaned and put down my ice cream and rather large spoon before getting the door, seeing as it was nearly 3 a.m. I wasn't thinking straight. For the past days I haven't opened the door to anyone who has knocked.I pulled open the door and at first, I didn't see anyone, then I realized why. The person was leaning up against the wall and that person was the last one I'd expect to be here.

Derek looked me up and down, raising an eyebrow before opening his mouth. "...Nice socks."

I felt my face flush red as I glanced down at my feet which were covered in black and blue stripped socks and black Uggs. I remembered that for the moment I was suppose to hate him.

"What do you want, seeing as it is 3 in the morning?" I asked, gripping the door tightly. Derek shook his bangs away from his eyes before shrugging. Typical.

"May I come in?" he asked, his voice even and, surprisingly, calm. I raised an eyebrow at him and nodded my head, even though inside of it I was screaming no. I moved to the side so he could step in before heading to the sofa to pause my movie, drowning out the sounds of vampires being killed.

"Van Helsing?" he asked, raising an eyebrow as he held up the DVD box.

"Hugh Jackman's a babe," I replied, holding back a smile as I saw him roll his eyes. Bingo.

I didn't know what he was now staring at but whatever it was caused a small, contained smile to appear on his face. He reached onto the sofa and picked up the spoon I was using to each my ice cream. Oh boy.

"That's a pretty big spoon, don't you think?" he said, fighting off a grin that was threatening to appear any moment.

"Shut up," I mumbled, embarassed that he knows that I've been a pathetic sap for the past couple of days. "What do you want, anyways?"

Derek sighed, obviouslly dreading this part of our convocation. "I came to apologize."

"...For?"

"What do you mean 'for'?"

"You know what I mean!"

"I said I was sorry, do I need a reason?"

"Yes! If you want to be forgiven!"

"Fine," he said, sighing. "I am sorry about what happened at dinner the other night. I'm an asshole, happy?"

"Thrilled."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated! Tell me whatcha think!