Making Memories Last

Train Ride

I stepped through the wall, searching out my friends in the process.

The train ride to Hogwarts was always fun. Mostly because students from other houses could spend their time catching up. Everyone was able to talk about their summers, and just talk. Well, except for the Slytherins. But no one liked them anyway, so it didn't count.

I didn't see Danny, nor the twins, so I went to the train to get to our regular compartment. They'd be here soon. Danny, or Daniella Davies, Roger's twin sister, was a Hufflepuff and my best friend. The twins, Fred and George Weasley, were our sidekicks in the moments they weren't thinking of ways to torture the school. We were an odd group, but we've stuck together for four years so far, going on five.

"Oi, James!" was yelled down the hall of the train, and I looked up to see Oliver Wood. The boy I'd liked since Merlin knows when. Not that he'd notice, being in love with Quidditch and all. Hah, every time I think of him loving Quidditch, I get a picture of him making out with his broomstick. Well, isn't that awkward.

"James? Anyone in there?" He waved his hand in front of my face, and I looked at him abruptly. "What were you daydreaming about now?" he asked.

"You don't want to know." I smirked and continued walking to the compartment in the back. Strangely, he followed me there.

"You like Quidditch, right?" he asked as I put my trunk under the seats. I knew he would get to that subject eventually.

"Yes?"

"You play the keeper position, right?"

"Um, yes?"

"You have to try out next year." His look was serious. So serious, in fact, that I wanted to burst out in laughter.

"Oliver, you don't need to worry about that! That's… a year away! You worry too much. You just need to…" I thought for a moment. Then I reached for my book bag, which made Oliver give me a puzzled look. Digging through the randomness in my bag, I finally found my chocolate bar, which I broke a piece off of and shoved it into his mouth.

"Honey I'm home! And… what have you done?!" Danny yelled as she entered the compartment, then stared at us.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean… he looks like someone died in front of him." She looked at him, then me, and then cocked her head to the side.

"Eh, just gave him some chocolate. He's going crazy about Quidditch already."

"Wood, crazy about Quidditch?"

"Is that even possible?" Fred and George's voices teased as they came into the compartment as well. Danny and I ran up and hugged them, then turned back to the confused boy sitting in the corner.

"He's got a lot more to worry about besides Quidditch this term. Like… Sirius Black!" Danny tried to scare him, but it was more or less spirit fingers.

"Now I know why I never hang out with you guys." Oliver sighed, standing up to leave.

"WAIT!" I yelled at him. Everyone stared at me. Well hey, it got his attention didn't it?

"Yes?"

"You forgot something!" I pushed the chocolate bar into his hands. "Quit worrying, you're not even going to be here to be bothered by it."

"I guess you're right, thanks." He smiled and took off down the corridor. I didn't believe him, he's be worrying about it in two seconds.

"Aww, that was so cute James!" Fred cooed at me.

"Shut up. No one loves you." I glared at him as I sat down by Danny.

"I would love to deny that. Angelina loves me." he smirked.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Eventually, the conversation turned from Angelina's love of Fred to the next products Fred and George were planning on making. That train ride was definitely unforgettable.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes, yet another story. but my first harry potter fan fiction on here ^-^
wheeeeeeeee!

anyway, i hope this goes well. it's for my friend Liz, even though she left to go camping this weekend without even telling me and i walked the mile and a half to her house to give her eggrolls only to find out she wasn't there!
eh. oh well.

now i'm rambling.

so, if you like it, comments&subscriptions are loved beyond belief

<3 Sarah! At The Crisco