The Hidden Truth

The Internet

I eagerly rushed past Master Mirmo, to the door panel to open the door, but an arm held me back. I looked up at Mirmo, wondering why he wouldn’t let me through.

“Before I loose you to a absurd hyperness state that I may never be able to get you out of, I want to know what happened to get you so angry”

No no no, he couldn’t do this. I was so close to finding out the surprise and he just had to fuss over something so stupid. I told him it was minor and then tried to press my way to the door. His arm was like steel and would not let me budge. I looked up and glared at him.

“Glare all you want, but that won’t get you past me. I know you were angry and I know you have a temper. You also have a bad habit of holding in that anger, which is unhealthy, and not letting the anger out in a harmless way, which leads to you blowing up. So, to stop that from happening and you washing more floors, why don’t you talk to me. Now, if the event was so minor, then why could I see stream rising off of your anger face?”

Why did he care? I wasn’t angry anymore. What was done was done and there was no need to visit the past. I looked at the door and sighed, taking a step backwards. I told him about the stuck up egotist jerk in my class and how he was trying to show off.

“Did you say anything?”

No, I hadn’t said anything rude, only to tell him to keep quiet.

“Did you do anything to provoke him?”

Once again the answer was no. I decided the boy wasn’t worth telling off or showing off. I was just simply practice and turned out to be far better than him. It was just that boy got on my nerves so fast and so much.

“Karen, you have to stop blaming others. That is something your father taught you. Do not let the boy get to you. You have control over yourself and your nerves. Put a distance, a mental one, between him so he can let reach you like that. That doesn’t mean a shield, but keep his remarks from hitting you. I want three meditative breathes from you and then you can come into the room”

I breathed in and out three times and looked at him expectantly.

“Apprentice, please explain to me the thought process for the breathing exercise”

Arg! Couldn’t he just skip this whole thing, move, and let me in right now? I was dying in my own impatience.

“Impatience will only delay your surprise longer”

I wanted to match wills, battle, and fight and win his little game over me, but I couldn’t. I knew I would loose. I told him I was suppose to clear my mind out of all thoughts, focus only on the emptiness of space and allow peace fill me.

“That is correct. You may proceed to do so”

I closed my eyes and breathed in slowly. I did the exercise five times, calming my spirit down. I opened my eyes to find my master standing by the open door of my room, letting me enter. I rushed in, taking the room in a glance but saw nothing. I gave the room another glance, but to my disappointment saw the room held no such surprise. I looked back at the doorway.

“Go to your computer”

I did so, wondering what he had done to my computer that was so different. When the computer loaded I saw a window pop up. It looked familiar and it was only when I read the words “Firefox” with the icon, did I give a scream of pure happiness. I had the internet. I had gone about a month without a connection back to my world, to my sites, to my friends. I jumped out of the chair and gave my master a tight hug of a huge thank you. He had no idea how much I unconscious missed the internet. I ran back to the computer and started looking up all my sites.

“It took me and the tech crew two weeks to find and set this up, but when we did find it, I was amazed. Your description underestimated the vast power of your planet’s communicate network”
Within five minutes I had found all ten of the major sites I wanted him to visit and explore. First, I showed off my wonder, hand build site, showing him my articles, my knowledge and my people. He was impressed and intrigued. I showed him all the sites I moderated and how big the Force community was. He seemed to be speechless by the sheer numbers.

“By the Force, Karen, there is an order of Jedi out there”

I shook my head and explained to him they were not Jedi, just people who were Force sensitive, exploring what the Force was and how to control it. I hesitated to show him more, fearing my last and biggest secret would be revealed at the wrong time. He seemed quite happy to take my seat and spend two hours reading and reading. I interrupted him to ask about our link. I told him what happened in the morning, asking if he was aware of it.

“I have been aware of a Force connect between us ever since I found you that one night crying, and at times I have caught an flicker of your thoughts, but no, I was not aware of you picking up my foul thoughts”

I asked him, then why did it happen if he did not mean to.

“You must have opened up your mind to me and because my thoughts were directed to you, you caught them”

Oh ok. That would explain it.

“Would you like to try sending me a thought and seeing if I can pick up on it?”

I blushed and said he must of already be picking up on my thoughts, because I did want to try. He laughed and instructed me to close my eyes and focus on a simple thought. What was simple? I had to wonder, before my stomach growled, reminding me it was time for dinner. I thought up my favorite fruit, imaging the shape, the color, and the name. I send the image to him, to his mind.

“I suppose my starving apprentice is craving some muja berries. Why don’t we go get some food and then you can spend time with Lyn while I carry on reading and understanding this internet of yours”