I Thought I Hated You Like I Hated That Red Rose

I thought I hated you like I hated that red rose.

The ran down Emily’s pale face the head of curls walked of into the rain. Emily’s life had been had been good. Not just good amazing. She had Jack, he had loved her. But not anymore. Her legs crumpled under her the rose that had been clasped in her hand was dropped to the floor the red colouring from the fake petals ran into the road and down the drain. It was fake just like his love.

Emily had come home, expecting Hugs and kisses. But no. She had come home to her boyfriends voice coming towards her.

"I can't do it Emily."
"Can't do what?"
"I can't love you."

She broke down in tears, Jack took her bag he had packed for her and a rose from the table, he pulled her up from the floor and shoved her out the door and down the street,

"Look I’m sorry, I just can't do this anymore. I would say I love you but I don't." A smile played on his lips while he pushed her bag and the rose into her hands.

Ands that’s where is all started the times she had tried to leave him, now he had done it for her.

Her broken heart thumping silently against her chest was the only sound in the deserted street apart from the ever closening footsteps.

"Ems?" Emily didn't even look up. The only person who could call her that had gone and moved away.
"Ems what’s wrong" Emily tried to smile at that, the likeliness of anyone seeing that everything was right was deluded. A soft but wet hand took her hand and turned her face towards him. Emily eyes said it all.
"Come-on Ems. Let me look after you for once." He grabbed the bag and pulled her up letting her wearily fold into him. All that was left was the one fake rose.

Dougie opened the door to the hotel room and dumped her bag by the door, he carried her over to the bed and lowered her onto it. He sat down on the bed and took her hands in his.
"What’s going on Ems.?"
He voice made something Emily thought she would never do, she told him everything.
"You left me." Tears were falling freely down her checks. "And I met Jack, and he loved me. And I loved him." She looked up and saw the pain in Dougie’s eyes. She carried on. "And we moved in together." She left it there.
"You know, I didn't want to leave you." He said taking of his hat and throwing it onto the sofa. He ruffled his hair waiting for her to reply. Then it came barely a whisper.
"But you did."

Dougie turned around and turned on the T.v, he looked away as he slid a hand across his eyes. After a while Emily came and sat down next to him. Seeing the remains of tears she took his face into her hands and kised him lightly on the lips. He looked up into her eyes stroking away the last strands of wet hair away from her eyes.
"But you came back." She whispered slowly in his ear.

Dougie smiled at her.
"I still love you." He blurted out.
Emily looked away, the tears were coming again.
"My heart can't be broken again Doug."
Dougies hands took hers and he slowly sang,
"I think of yesterday
And all the times I spent being lonely
I watched the young being young
While all the singers sung
About the way I felt

The days are here again
When all the lights go down,
What do they show me?
The rules are all the same
It's just a different game
To tell you how I feel

Although it seems so rare
I was always there

Oooh, oooh
I can't stop digging the way you make me feel
Oooh, oooh
I can't stop digging the way
Oooh, oooh
I can't stop digging the way you make me feel"
He stopedsinging and turned to face her.
"Ems I can't live without you."
He pressed his lips against hers and she hugged him, they broke apart.
"But Dougs....." She stopped his head had turned away.
"I love you too."

Dougie picked her up and twirled her round.
"So you'll move to London with me.?" He asked happiness beaming out of his eyes.
Emily looked away. He let her fall back onto the bed.
"Dougs I love you, but I just need some time.
"Time for what.?"
"I need to get over Jack, he hurt me Dougs. And you hurt me. But I had time to stop feeling sorry for myself and get over you." Dougie looked away humming loudly stopping the tears.
"Look, I’m not saying I won't." She replied walking over to him giving him a small kiss.
"I just wanna see my family. Then I don't know, maybe." Dougie pushed her away.
"You can have the bed. I'll sleep on the sofa."

The night passes with sobs from both sides of the room. Emily knew that if she left, she would never get him back. But she needed time, why couldn't he understand that.

Dougie ran all the things that had been said through the night, he didn't want her to go. But she didn't love him. He had hurt her, and hurt her bad.
"Emily?" He looked over at her, she was fast asleep he stood up and walked over he pulled the cover more over her slender frame and sat on the edge of the bed looking at her sleeping.
"Whatd'ja want stalker?" Dougie smiled, the old Ems was back.
"You" He whispered.

The morning sun was shining through the curtains of the hotel room. Dougie arms were wrapped protectively around Emily’s waist, she smiled as her eyes slowly opened, yawning she slowly pulled the arm off her and stood up stretching out.
"Hey, I was enjoying that." Dougie mumbled rolling of the bed and onto the floor with a loud thump,
"Well mister, i need to have a shower." Emily replied walking into the bathroom. A minute later Dougie was trying to break into the bathroom yelling through the door.
"I want in!" Emily laughed managing to swallow some water at the same time.
"Good luck with that." She said turning of the water and pulling a towel around her wet frame. She moved over to the door and opened it, Dougie fell through and fell on the floor.
"Twice in 5 minutes, that’s a record Doug." Emily smiled pulling some clean clothes from the bag by the door. She felt someone pulling her around, then kissing her on the lips.
"Lets go for a walk." Dougie suggested pulling her towards the door.
"Doug, I’m in a towel."
"That makes it even better." She cuffed him round the head and walked back into the bathroom pulling on the clothes before walking back out o him. He slid a hand into hers and walked out the hotel room.

Ok so it wasn't a perfect day, but it was sunny. Ish. Dougie pulled her round all the places they used to go, but finally stopping at the bus shelter.
"So you still wanna leave?" He asked her letting his lips last longer on hers,
"Ummmmmmmm," Emily replied smiling pulling him into a hug.
She continued.
"I don't think so Mr Poynter" He picked her up at that and spun her round, the were in the road oblivious to the bus coming round the corner, Dougie pulled her into a hug again and kissed her.
"I love you so muc......" The words stopped. There was silence only the sound of bus trying to come to a stop.
That’s were it all had begun. That’s where it all ended.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoped you liked it.
This was my first proper Mcfly story type thing.
xD
comment please.