Funeral Song

These foolish games always end up in confusion

Can't take it no more

The streetlight keeps shining through the window, sending a gosthly yellow glow into the bathroom. Everything is in slow motion, like I could actually see the little light particles coming from the outside and collide with the tiles on the floor, with the mirror on the wall, with the small water droplets by the sink...

I hear a door slam and a scream... a painful yell for help. Fuzzy shadows are all around me, but I could only focus in the streetlight shining down on me. I blink a couple of times... my sight became blurry and I feel something warm tickle down my temple. I smile though... tears are for the weak... tears are for the coward... tears are for those who back out... and I didn’t back out this time.

I died in my dreams
What's that supposed to mean?
Got lost in the fire


I close my eyes as I feel a lot of people touch me, poke me, slap me and shake me... and then I dream of you.
I dream about the day I met you... the first time I held your hand... when I kissed your chapped lips out of nowhere, dying to taste you... So bright, so beautiful. So inocent and evil... So quiet and so wild... You gave yourself to me and I gave myself to you. We were meant to be even if it wasn’t right.
I think I can feel your sweet scent of parfum and mint gum. I think I can hear you giggle and grumble... laugh and cry... yell at me that you love me... shout at me that you hate me.

Hate me. That’s what you should have done from the beginning. I brought nothing but pain into your life after all. Obsessive-compulsive... possessive and jealous... maniac-depressive... you deserved so much better than me. But you chose me none the less and I managed to shatter you apart.
You gave me your heart and I broke it in a million pieces.

Just one big lie, such a perfect illusion
I made you mine just to hurt you once again


I open up my eyes again, being pulled away from my dream of you and me getting away from all these. Sirens, flashes, more people that are nothing but unshaped shades swirling around... a distant crying and a sudden pain jolting through my body makes me realize I am still alive and moving.

Poking... needles... tubes... shock... light... sound... pain... cold... I pass out again, from darkness to light. From darkness to you.
Now it is time to dream about the guilt that has been consuming me. The look in your eyes, those frozen eyes that hatred me, those cold words that slipped from your mouth when you realized what I was doing. You didn’t even cry, you didn’t even yell... You just stood there making the whole room go cold with only one look and three words.
I told you I wasn’t worth it, you deserved better. I’m a weak piece of shit that didn’t even had the courage to chase you down as you walked out on my sins. Your eyes and your voice froze me up too and when I finally got up it was too late.
The highway and your hate got to you before I did.

I've failed you again cause I let you stay
I used to pretend that I felt ok


I wake up again to a bright light in my face. The espectral shades work frantically around me. Jolts of pain run through me often enough to make me dizzy from the pain. Why are they saving someone who doesn’t want to be saved? Someone who’s beyond saving? I can still feel the tears in my eyes and I try to reach up to wipe them away... but I’m too tired to do anything. I think I’m going to pass out again.

“Mikey...” I hear your voice, so close to me. I fight to stay awake and hear you again clearly. “Mikey! Wake up!”

“I’m tired...” I think I just managed to speak, but that might be only in my mind. As well as you.

“I know, but you must look at me.” I move my head to the side and there you are. “Come...”

You smile to me and reach out your hand. I reach out mine to grab it, smiling as well.

Yeah...everything is gonna be okay now...

I died in my dreams
Reaching out for your hand
My fatal desire