He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

Drop-Dead, Last Name: Gorgeous

Another Unknown P.O.V.

I paced in my bedroom on the open floor after just having made sure that the mongrel hadn't done anything with my reason for staying in this town. There was plenty of room since I had no bed. But why would I have one? It would be unnecessary: what was I to do with it when I didn't ever sleep? And speaking of unnecessary things, what was I to do with the mutt? It was true that he used to be my friend, but now he was just a bothersome puppy.

Why did he have to stand in my way? It wasn't my fault she was where I came. It wasn't my fault that he had interest in her as well. It wasn't my fault that she obviously held interest in me, not something many humans do: well, other than lust reasons, naturally. I looked at myself in the mirror and laughed. I was gorgeous to their eyes, yet Danica seemed to care for more than that.

Even still, she had given reason to not spend time with me. Was it her friend's presence that made her say that? Did she not want to hurt his feelings? I was hoping that was it, but then I got even more mad at the mutt. He was standing in my way even more by making Danica afraid to be with me, which was where she obviously belonged.

But I had to only a few options. A) wait for her mother to die. B) make her mother live through her cancer. Option A took too long and I had no patience while Option B didn't guarantee her to come with me. I decided to make a new option: Option C) make her a deal. The deal? Hmm, I had that already in my head. I would tell her I would save her mother from dying of her cancer and she would have to give in to my demands. I would tell her those later so she couldn't refuse. I already knew she would pay any price to save her mother, so it was set. I just had to get her alone and away from her flea-infested friend.

That was the real problem. I sat down on my black couch, elbows on my knees and my hands holding my head up as I thought. If the mongrel kept taking her home, there was no hope. And she wouldn't agree to a "date"--as it's called--with me unless he was no where to be seen. And I was sure that I wouldn't be able to hide my smugness from him if--when--she said yes. He would know and Danica would cancel on me.

I furrowed my brow. This shouldn't be so complicated. If only I had read her mind when I had the chance then I would know what she thought of me. But I shouldn't even care: she's a human! Why did she drive me so insane? I was unworldly and she was just...

Danica.

Maybe that was it. Maybe she was so different and that was why she had caught my eye so very easily. Or maybe this was their God's way of making up for damming me: he offered her to me. Either way, I would accept that gift any day. It was like she was made for me and only me, but the mutt seemed to think she was for him. My blood boiled under my pale, stone-like skin. He was dead wrong. Danica was for me, not him. I had no doubt and I didn't care that she had this hold over me. It was worth it if it meant my loneliness would come to an end.

And if it meant I could hold her in my arms...

That settled it. I would visit her tonight, when she was asleep.

Time passed slowly and my parents stared at me wonderingly as I was more impatient than normal.

"Not too late and not too unforgivable," my mother told me, knowing I was scheming something. I merely nodded, rapping my fingers in rhythm on my desk as I waited for nightfall.

When it finally came I was out the door in a heartbeat. But when I got there I was not so eager. The smell of a werewolf lingered in the air: he had been here not too long ago. I ran into her room and perched on the end of her bed, smelling her. I wrinkled my nose.

Her lips were tainted with a mongrel's! My anger rose, but she soothed it with the peaceful, angelic look on her face. She was so beautiful; so perfect. I stroked her cheek and she was so warm it melted my thoughts together. I kissed her cheek, ignoring the odor.

He may have kissed her when she was asleep, but I wanted her to be awake when she first kissed me. I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Jacob. Landyn. Quit," she whimpered softly. I froze, thinking she was awake, but she merely stirred before drifting deeper to sleep again. She was a sleep talker, eh? That was good: she had said my name. But also his. I sighed, stroking her cheek again and hating to leave this warmth, but I had to. She was so beautiful, so what if she didn't want me? I looked at myself in the mirror. I left her home and returned to mine with a broad grin on my face the whole way.

What was I saying? They call me Drop-Dead, last name: Gorgeous. How could she not want me?