He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

Mutt-Man And Leech-Boy

Danica's P.O.V.

I shot up in my bed in a cold sweat and looked around with a feeling of paranoia. It felt as though I was being watched, but maybe it was the dream I'd had last night that had me feeling so strange.

You see, it had all started at school and it was normal as could be--at the start. I had been at my locker and Michelle wasn't there for some reason, but Landyn was. He had been chattering on with me about how he planned life to be when he got out of school. I was just listening absentmindedly as I rummaged through my locker, getting things ready as normal. Jacob had come up and he seemed more mad at Landyn than usual while Landyn was feeling the same towards Jacob.

"Jacob. Landyn. Stop," I begged. They were ranting again.

"How dare you act as though I'm the bad guy!" Jacob growled.

"You started this, not me! Why don't you just butt out and let life take it's course?" Landyn growled. I stared at them with questioning eyes.

"What are you two talking about?" I asked them both softly, looking at the floor now. They glanced at each other and that guilty look in their eyes turned into anger.

"Ask the mutt what why he's spying on your life!" Landyn screeched. I glanced at him, freaking out. Jacob growled.

"Ask leech-boy here why he wouldn't tell you what he wants in life! Why he said he had to go!" Jacob looked smug and I looked at both of them, not caring anymore.

"Jacob. Landyn. Quit," I begged again, softer, turning and walking out of the school for some reason. Landyn was right at my heels.

"Where are you off to, love? If you're done with school, I know how to take care of you," he purred.

"She's coming with me," Jacob told him, grabbing my arm. I jerked free from him.

"I'm not going with either of you!" I screamed, running. Landyn cut me off, his teeth glowing and his eyes piercing me in the now dark night.

"You're just coming with me, dear." I slapped him and the cold skin tingled my hand. He didn't seem hurt at all. Jacob came up and I punched him, breaking my own hand and not hurting him at all.

"What are you?" I screamed, terrified.

"Doll, you're head is so thick," Landyn told me, stepping up and holding me in his iron grip. I shivered and trembled as he put his lips to my neck. "But you're blood smells so sweet." He licked my neck and I nearly freaked out. "You taste good, too. My, my, there's just nothing bad about you."

"Get away from her!" Jacob screamed, sicking a wolf at Landyn. He stepped away from Jacob's dog. I looked for Jacob, but he was nowhere to be seen. The wolf was now in front of me in a defensive position. It dawned on me.

"Jacob?" The dog yipped happily. "Oh dear God...


I shook off the feeling of paranoia and headed downstairs. My mother was doing fine.

"Forget something yesterday?" she asked with a sigh. I thought back to yesterday and my heart dropped.

"I'm sorry. Jacob drove me home." Her face glowed.

"He's a nice boy," she said, trying to hide her happiness at thinking I had decided to take a turn for the "better", or at least her definition of it.

"Don't get any wrong ideas," I muttered and she shook her head, smiling slightly, not believing me, but I let her believe I was having fun and dating people if it made her happy. I left the house soon after and went to school. Landyn met me in the parking lot.

"Hey," he greeted me warmly with a soft smile. I thought of my dream and his piercing eyes and glowing teeth, but I shook it off quickly, though it didn't escaped his notice.

"Hi," I said softly, trying to walk from him and to school.

"What's up?" he asked, pinning me to my car so I couldn't escape the interrogation.

"Nothing," I lied, trying not to press myself to him like I had the unmistakable urge to do. He did the pressing for me. He shook his head softly.

"You're lying," he breathed into my face, as if he knew the affect it had on me. My thoughts scrambled as I inhaled the sweet scent. I resisted the growing urge to pull him closer.

"It's nothing, really: just a dream," I said quietly, turning away from him and mentally kicking myself for not holding my thoughts together. He turned my face back to him, tilting my chin up slightly. My heart started racing as my hopes flew through the roof.

"We'll discuss this dream later," he told me, letting go. I fell to my knees like yesterday when Jacob had caused a scene. He helped me up quickly and my heart accelerated again at the feeling of his hand on mine. It ended so quickly, but the tingling sensation went on for a bit. I soon saw why he had told me to discuss it later: Jacob.

"Hey, Daniel," he said with a smile. Why was he always so happy in the morning when I saw him? It was like he knew something I didn't. "Leech-Boy." I shivered, remembering my dream.

"Hey, Mutt-Man," Landyn said with a warm smile. I sighed. Why had I had that dream last night? Landyn nudged me after I was silent for awhile.

"Hi, Jacob," I said, massaging my sore side from where Landyn had elbowed me rather roughly. He glared at Landyn.

"Be gentle with ladies. Ever heard of that? Gentle?" He was just trying to start a fight. Landyn opened his mouth.

Hush, love, hush," I begged him, holding him like I always did with Jacob. He smiled.

"Alright," he said cheerfully. Jacob growled at him and scoffed.

"I have to get to class. I'll see you later." He turned from us and walked away.

"We should, too, love." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to our first class.

His touch shouldn't have made me feel so good...