He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

Rich Boys and their Rich Hearts

I packed my things as Landyn sat patiently on my bed, going through everything I was packing. He stood up and walked up behind me as I dug through my dresser for clothing.

"Oh, I like that right there," he purred, picking up a thong in my dresser that my mom had got me as a gag since I told her how much they disgusted me. I laughed at him.

"Hah! That's funny. I'm not wearing that."

"Bring it just in case, love," he suggested. To make him shut up I threw it into the suitcase. "How about I take care of the lingerie?"

"I'd rather--"

"Hush now. I'd advise letting me do this, my love." He was hinting towards our bargain. I sighed and walked over to my closet. "And I'll handle shirts, too. And pants...Just let me do all of it. Sit down on the bed and relax." I obeyed him and lay down on my bed, burying my face in the pillows...

"Darling, how about we get up now?" he asked and my eyes fluttered open to see Landyn laying beside me, my head on his chest. I shot up and looked around, disoriented. I had fallen asleep? "Yes, love, you did. It's alright, I'm done packing your stuff. And don't worry, I'll buy you some more appropriate clothes. I can't say I like all the casual things you wear."

"I'm not from a rich family, Landyn."

"We can change that," he purred. "I have a rich family, Danica. And all it takes is one set of I do's to make you a part of that."

"Yeah? And all it takes to save my mother is one agreement. All things come with consequences--good or bad. Can we just get this over with? I want to see my mother and days need to go by quickly."

"Do you not like my company?" He actually sounded hurt.

"That's not it, Landyn. I just really want this to work. I want her to be okay really bad." I felt a tear form but I blinked furiously to make it leave.

"It will, I promise." He held me tightly. "Now let's go to my home. My parents know of the arrangement: I told them while you were asleep."

"Okay." He leaned me against him and carried my suitcase with his free hand. He rubbed his hand on my shoulder and I exhaled slowly. "Good bye, mom. I'll be back later," I whispered outside her door before Landyn pulled me out of my house. He put my things in the trunk of my Mercedes and helped me to the passenger seat as he sat in the driver's seat.

"Ready?" he asked me and I nodded. I was as ready as I'd ever be. He kissed me softly before speeding out of the driveway and onto the main road.

"You're awful quiet, love," Landyn said after a short silence.

"Sorry, just thinking about what to expect of a rich house."

"It's not so bad. Plenty of room for an extra guest in my room. Though I do hope my parents did what I asked..."

"Which is?"

"Get a bed."

"For my three day stay?" I asked, skeptical.

"Yeah. Anything for you." He paused. "And everything to you," he purred seductively in my ear, leaning over to kiss my neck.

"Watch the road!"I yelled, but then I realized we had stopped and were parked in front of a house. "Oh." He chuckled against my neck.

"You have a backseat," he told me, crawling over to me.

"Landyn," I said sternly.

"You're no fun," he muttered, turning off the engine and getting out of the car. He pulled me out and led me inside the wondrous house after getting my things.

"Wow," I breathed, looking around the Gothic-styled home. He smiled and kissed me briefly.

"Mom! Dad! I'm back and I've got my captive beauty," Landyn called and two figures walked down the stairs. I noticed his mother as the school nurse, but his father was a new face.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Marshall," I bid them, curtsying.

"Hello, Danica. I do hope you'll remain unharmed in our home." I smiled shyly and Landyn smirked, kissing my forehead.

"I'll keep her out of trouble."

"Oh, you're the one I'm worried about!" she said in false apprehension. He scowled and she smiled innocently. "I'm joking. We'd be able to hear anything you tried." My jaw dropped and Landyn just shook his head.

"How dare you think your own son to be so scandalous as to steal young Danica's virtue! I am sickened by your implications and false accusations." He wrapped his arm around my waist and led me upstairs in false anger and into what I assumed to be his room. "You assume right, my love." He pulled me to the bed in the middle of his floor.

"How can you afford this?" It was a king sized bed and even more, they got it just so there would be enough room for both me and Landyn.

"We've discussed this. Anything for you...and everything--"

"To me, yes, I know." I shook my head and he pulled me into his lap.

"But you know, this bed is big and there are many advantages to it." He rolled us over and lay on top of me, holding himself up so as not to crush me. He kissed my neck and I had to work really hard to keep my thoughts straight.

"Landyn, no..." I whispered to him. He looked me in the eye and kissed me briefly.

"You know what you want and it's not me to get off. It's in your eyes, doll." He took in a deep breath and exhaled carefully. "I'm in love with you, Danica. Irrevocably in love with you."

I took in a deep breath with wide eyes. There was no way a boy like Landyn would fall for a girl like me.

"Unequivocally, painstakingly, undeniably in love. I only hope you feel the same." The question was out there and I knew the answer even before I spoke the words.

"I love you, Landyn."